Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

As promised, I wrote up my Amazon Tasker set up. Hope someone finds it useful and let me know if you run into any problems.

1 Like

So I’ve been trying to setup another instance of Mail & Packages just for my wife’s Amazon packages so I can combine them in a template sensor or something but every time I get hers set up it automatically removes my Amazon sensors and replaces it with hers lol. So it seems I can only have one or the other, and not both accounts. Is this accurate or am I missing something?

You added the integration multiple times?

Yes I did. Is there another way of doing it?

No that’s the right way, it should make duplicate sensors for you with _2 appended.

That’s what I assumed but it’s not what’s happening. It just took the Amazon sensors away from the first integration and replaced it with the second, but now I can’t even get the first one to enable Amazon sensors at all.

Are you getting errors in your home assistant log?

Are the sensors automatically populated after the above step is complete, or is there more required to get the sensors populated in HA?

Once you add the integration and fill in the required info, it grabs data, then starts the interval checks.

That’s what I thought but got the following after a reboot just now.

## Log Details (ERROR)

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:280
First occurred: 3:52:54 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:52:54 PM

Unable to prepare setup for platform mail_and_packages.sensor: Platform not found ( IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THIS FOR ADVICE ON HOW TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE! Importing the numpy C-extensions failed. This error can happen for many reasons, often due to issues with your setup or how NumPy was installed. We have compiled some common reasons and troubleshooting tips at: https://numpy.org/devdocs/user/troubleshooting-importerror.html Please note and check the following: * The Python version is: Python3.7 from "/srv/homeassistant/bin/python3" * The NumPy version is: "1.18.4" and make sure that they are the versions you expect. Please carefully study the documentation linked above for further help. Original error was: libf77blas.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory ).

Need your system info.

Also does it create the image directory, or do I need to create it?

It gets created. Looks like piwheels is missing some numpy bits for arm builds based on the error.

Saw that, I ran the install and rebooting now.

pip3 uninstall numpy  # remove previously installed version
apt install python3-numpy

Removed integration, install numpy, reboot, add integration, same error.

What version of the integration are you running?

Not sure, how do I check?, should be latest, as I installed today via HACS from “https://github.com/moralmunky/Home-Assistant-Mail-And-Packages

Try sudo apt install libatlas3-base libgfortran5 see if that helps.

Genius!, that did it, thanks.

1 Like

Yes, this is what shows in the logs:

* Platform mail_and_packages does not generate unique IDs. ID imap.gmail.com_Mail Amazon Packages already exists - ignoring sensor.mail_amazon_packages
* Platform mail_and_packages does not generate unique IDs. ID imap.gmail.com_Mail Amazon Packages Delivered already exists - ignoring sensor.mail_amazon_packages_delivered
* Platform mail_and_packages does not generate unique IDs. ID imap.gmail.com_Mail Amazon Hub Packages already exists - ignoring sensor.mail_amazon_hub_packages