Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

Fixed in b7

The tracking number pattern getting updated in b8.

Just a note: in the 0.3.0 version since it’s using the data coordinator in Home Assistant, any error like that will cause the sensors to report unavailable due to any error. Once the error is cleared, (ie: connection issue, unaccounted for bug ,etc), the sensors will become available once more and report.

I upgraded to the latest beta, redid the options on the integration card, I had endorsed with a suffix, usps_xxx and usps_xxx_2, deleted the original sensor, renamed the sensor with a suffix to the original name, restarted the server, and everything is working again.

Thanks…

1 Like

Getting this error after updating to b10

Logger: custom_components.mail_and_packages.helpers
Source: custom_components/mail_and_packages/helpers.py:253
Integration: Mail and Packages (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:00:48 PM (12 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:30:58 PM

Error searching emails: SEARCH command error: BAD [b'Could not parse command']

I’ll take a look.

fixed in b11 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just installed b12 and not showing the picture of my mail. In theory the images should already be there so wouldn’t think it has to wait until a new pull tomorrow but…

Sometimes lovelace doesn’t update and you have to F5 to get it to show up.

I just updated from b8 to b12 and I think there was a regression. My Daily Digest email isn’t being read anymore (like we had a couple days ago). The debug log says it found the email, but it returns No Mail again, which is incorrect.

I think this line might be the culprit.

Whoops, you’re right. I’ll fix it.

EDIT: b14 is in

Updated to b14, but it’s not using both addresses in the array for some reason

2020-12-12 14:16:34 DEBUG (SyncWorker_12) [custom_components.mail_and_packages.helpers] Attempting to find Informed Delivery mail
2020-12-12 14:16:34 DEBUG (SyncWorker_12) [custom_components.mail_and_packages.helpers] Informed delivery search date: 12-Dec-2020
2020-12-12 14:16:34 DEBUG (SyncWorker_12) [custom_components.mail_and_packages.helpers] DEBUG imap_search: (FROM "[email protected]" SUBJECT "Your Daily Digest" SENTON "12-Dec-2020")
2020-12-12 14:16:34 DEBUG (SyncWorker_12) [custom_components.mail_and_packages.helpers] Cleaning up image directory: /config/images/mail_and_packages/
2020-12-12 14:16:34 DEBUG (SyncWorker_12) [custom_components.mail_and_packages.helpers] Checking for overlay files in: /config/images/mail_and_packages/
2020-12-12 14:16:34 DEBUG (SyncWorker_12) [custom_components.mail_and_packages.helpers] Copying file to: /config/images/mail_and_packages/overlay.png
2020-12-12 14:16:34 DEBUG (SyncWorker_12) [custom_components.mail_and_packages.helpers] Copying file to: /config/images/mail_and_packages/vignette.png
2020-12-12 14:16:34 DEBUG (SyncWorker_12) [custom_components.mail_and_packages.helpers] Copying file to: /config/images/mail_and_packages/white.png
2020-12-12 14:16:34 DEBUG (SyncWorker_12) [custom_components.mail_and_packages.helpers] Informed Delivery email found processing...
2020-12-12 14:16:34 DEBUG (SyncWorker_12) [custom_components.mail_and_packages.helpers] Removing duplicate images.
2020-12-12 14:16:34 DEBUG (SyncWorker_12) [custom_components.mail_and_packages.helpers] Removing USPS announcement images.
2020-12-12 14:16:34 DEBUG (SyncWorker_12) [custom_components.mail_and_packages.helpers] Image Count: 0

I’ll look at it again.

EDIT: b15 released should sort that now

awesome. b15 looks to have fixed the problem. thanks again

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. No, no F5. Use HA primarily on my iPhone. Refreshed the app but still not showing mail.

Just installed b15 and working again. Thanks.

1 Like

Is there a way to use two different emails with this integration? I’d like to implement this with for both my wife & my emails

Yes, add the integration again with your wife’s email information.

Hello guys, is there a way to get it working with Amazon.it?

Please submit a feature request on github :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply!

Sent it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Updated today to b16 from several versions older.

I’m getting the error I see reported by others

User input malformed

I’ve tried entering
“” (which was already there) " ", blank
an actual email address with and without quotes
the words “amazon forwarded email addresss” with and without quotes.

Is there another trick? I’ve also restarted a couple times

EDIT: Not sure what changed, but tried it another time and it worked.

Apologies for the noob question, but i am brand new to HA.

I am trying to install the Mail and Packages Custom Card. I went to HACS and installed the custom card file after installing the custom repository, however when i go to my dashboard and try and click on Manual and then paste in the code, it says “Custom element doesn’t exist: mail-and-packages-card.”

What am i doing wrong? and how can i fix this?

Thank you