Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

Great integration. I’m not sure I read this correctly, but is the Amazon package tracker not working? I setup the integration for USPS, UPS, FedEx and Amazon today, but only have Amazon packages out for delivery today. When I click into the Mail Amazon Packages Entity I see “Server Order” and and 4 of my orders listed, however the Package counter in Lovelace is not updating. The “Mail Updated” entity updates and is current. Am I missing something to translate the “Server Order” into the counter?

My Amazon package emails have for a subject “Your AmazonSmile order #…” I’m assuming this is why the component isn’t seeing them. Do I need to request a feature or is there a way to change this locally?

@wl29 @ZombiEd Please review the wiki on how Amazon packages are counted.

Then shouldn’t something be showing up that says I have a package in transit. I have an email from yesterday from [email protected] and the body of the text states …will arrive: Saturday, December 19. Your wiki leads me to believe I should be seeing it in transit but the sensor is “0” and the component says no Amazon packages are in transit. It is 9 stops way per a text message I just got.

Also, it says I got two package deliveries already when I only received one. That problem is UPS delivered to USPS who made the actual delivery. But since both UPS and USPS sent me a delivery message I’m being told two packages were delivered.

These are “smartpost” packages, unfortunate side effect of the way those deliveries work.

Which version of the integration are you running? 0.2.2 or the 0.3.0 beta version?
Please open a github issue regarding this with debugging enabled so I can see what’s happening for you and get it fixed.

I’m running 0.3.0b17. It properly noted the package arrived. I’m getting the following error:

Logger: custom_components.mail_and_packages
Source: helpers/update_coordinator.py:148
Integration: Mail and Packages (documentation, issues)
First occurred: December 18, 2020, 11:30:14 PM (14 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:15:53 PM
Timeout fetching Mail and Packages (mail.twc.com) data 

This happens when it takes over 30 seconds to check the emails.

Thanks for the responses. The sensor starting populating overnight, while not correct, it is showing 1 package on the way, so it works but maybe it’s an Amazon issue/Amazon grouping orders. I’ll let it run for few more days and check back.

Can you please tell me how to get the image in my dashboard? It looks like everything else is working per the guide.

I am a beginner and brand new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated!

That’s covered in the wiki.

Thanks, i did read through it. How do i determine if i am on Home Assistant or Home Assistant Supervised?

Click:

Then:

Then here:

It will even display where your configuration directory is:

Thank you very much! I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Here is what mine says - Home Assistant OS :

Based on this, what file path should i use in the integration settings and in the card settings?

You’d want to use /config/www/whateverdirectoryyoulike

A good example: /config/www/mail_and_packages

Thank you so much! And how about in the lovelace card? Sorry for all the questions.

If you’re using the custom card there should be a path option for the image, just put in the path you just configured.

Understood, so for the card :

config/www/mail_and_packages/mail_none.gif

should be mail_today.gif

Thank you for the help and the quick responses. As a beginner, i cant tell you how much it is appreciated.

Perfect! I will make the changes and i assume this will change the No Mail Today to a rotating GIF of what Informed Delivery sent me today. Is there updated every 5 minute (and therefore take effect in 5) ? The program already detects i have 8 mail pieces in USPS today.