Mains light switch with button press state change push notification?

To be honest, no idea what the next step would be apart from a bug report / new device request in Z2M…How to support new Tuya devices | zigbee2mqtt.io

Are you sure yours is the SSW01 and it does actually send a Zigbee message to your controller when you turn it on using the wall button?

I have tried everything and I see nothing?

I press the button locally and see no message in my Zigbee sniffing, I see nothing in my Tuya data point dump in Z2m.

It’s almost like it really just doesn’t report it, did you connect it to their gateway and it did un update to firmware or something?! I can’t think of a reason why yours would behave one way and mine behaves another?

Could you please remove the face plate from your switch and check it says KT-Zigbee-Single L Three ways v1.0 on it? Maybe you have a different hardware version to me?

Yep 100% the SSW01G is what I have, see photo.

And ive only done what i mentioned piror, connected to Z2M then to ZHA then back to Z2M, if there has been a firmware update i can only think that this happend automatically when it was connected to ZHA…

Unforutantly the unit doesn’t spit out the internal firmware ( as seen by Zigbee2MQTTAssistant below )

Model is TS0011 by _TZ3000_l8fsgo6p.
Hardware version is 1 .
Firmware version is unknown .

This is the MQTT message i receive when i press the button on the Ikuu wall plate

Zigbee2MQTT:debug 2021-09-14 19:13:32: Received MQTT message on ‘zigbee2mqtt/Ikuu_Test_Wall_Switch/set’ with data ‘ON’,

I can’t thank you enough for your continued responses, this is frustrating me beyond belief. I just had my pull request to fix an issue Z2MQTT has with the dimmer version of this done so the fact this one doesn’t work and I can’t figure it out is making me sad face.

Which coordinator device do you use?

Are you able to show me what your database.db file shows for that switch?

➜  cd /config/zigbee2mqtt
➜  cat database.db | grep 9b
{"id":14,"type":"EndDevice","ieeeAddr":"0x60a423fffeb7e49b","nwkAddr":16889,"manufId":4098,"manufName":"_TZ3000_l8fsgo6p","powerSource":"Mains (single phase)","modelId":"TS0011","epList":[1],"endpoints":{"1":{"profId":260,"epId":1,"devId":256,"inClusterList":[0,4,5,6,3],"outClusterList":[25,10],"clusters":{"genBasic":{"attributes":{"modelId":"TS0011","manufacturerName":"_TZ3000_l8fsgo6p","powerSource":3,"zclVersion":3,"appVersion":67,"stackVersion":0,"hwVersion":1,"dateCode":""}},"genOnOff":{"attributes":{"onOff":0}},"genOnOffSwitchCfg":{"attributes":{}},"genLevelCtrl":{"attributes":{}}},"binds":[{"cluster":0,"type":"endpoint","deviceIeeeAddress":"0x00212effff073c50","endpointID":1}],"configuredReportings":[],"meta":{}}},"appVersion":67,"stackVersion":0,"hwVersion":1,"dateCode":"","zclVersion":3,"interviewCompleted":true,"meta":{"configured":2},"lastSeen":1631622465833}

Using the ZZH.

The grep is below, it probably contains one of the ikuu downights too, but I’m ssh’ed via my phone and editing text is a pain.

/z2m $ cat database.db | grep TZ3000
{"id":22,"type":"Router","ieeeAddr":"0x60a423fffeff2174","nwkAddr":49221,"manufId":4098,"manufName":"_TZ3000_1mtktxdk","powerSource":"Mains (single phase)","modelId":"TS0505B","epList":[1,242],"endpoints":{"1":{"profId":260,"epId":1,"devId":269,"inClusterList":[0,3,4,5,6,4096,8,768],"outClusterList":[25,10],"clusters":{"genBasic":{"attributes":{"modelId":"TS0505B","manufacturerName":"_TZ3000_1mtktxdk","powerSource":1,"zclVersion":3,"appVersion":82,"stackVersion":0,"hwVersion":1,"dateCode":""}},"lightingColorCtrl":{"attributes":{"colorCapabilities":25,"colorTempPhysicalMin":153,"colorTempPhysicalMax":500}}},"binds":[],"configuredReportings":[],"meta":{}},"242":{"profId":41440,"epId":242,"devId":97,"inClusterList":[],"outClusterList":[33],"clusters":{},"binds":[],"configuredReportings":[],"meta":{}}},"appVersion":82,"stackVersion":0,"hwVersion":1,"dateCode":"","zclVersion":3,"interviewCompleted":true,"meta":{"configured":2},"lastSeen":1623889830308}
{"id":25,"type":"EndDevice","ieeeAddr":"0x60a423fffe6cbc5e","nwkAddr":46562,"manufId":4098,"manufName":"_TZ3000_l8fsgo6p","powerSource":"Mains (single phase)","modelId":"TS0011","epList":[1],"endpoints":{"1":{"profId":260,"epId":1,"devId":256,"inClusterList":[0,4,5,6,3],"outClusterList":[25,10],"clusters":{"genBasic":{"attributes":{"modelId":"TS0011","manufacturerName":"_TZ3000_l8fsgo6p","powerSource":3,"zclVersion":3,"appVersion":67,"stackVersion":0,"hwVersion":1,"dateCode":""}},"genOnOff":{"attributes":{"onOff":0}}},"binds":[],"configuredReportings":[],"meta":{}}},"appVersion":67,"stackVersion":0,"hwVersion":1,"dateCode":"","zclVersion":3,"interviewCompleted":true,"meta":{"configured":2},"lastSeen":1631611275688}

Happy to help, if I buy another one of these wall switches I want to make sure they work :call_me_hand:

I don’t understand at all…

I’ve tried everything I can think of, I just setup my spare ZZH with ZHA on a Pi, joined it to ZHA and it worked. Setup Zigbee2MQTT on the same Pi with the same ZZH and it doesn’t work.

I setup an external converter to dump the messages in Zigbee2MQTT and nothing, no messages at all.

I am at a total loss… Something isn’t right here…

Did you ever connect yours to an official gateway?

Am I missing something? That looks to be working?

@nickrout it’s somehow magically working for me after a few connect/reconnects, but JimBob is having the same issue.

@JimBobTheGrand I don’t have the official ikuu hub, only a ZZH

I feel like something has to be “set” in this device for it to work correctly. Maybe that’s something you accidentally did to yours.

Could you go into ZIgbee2MQTT > Devices > the device > Dev Console and query all of the clusters it supports to see what yours reports?

Ideally, I would like to query this in ZHA as it does work for me there too, but I don’t know how to do that =(

I got these results while mine was in off state.

Read result of 'genScenes': {"count":0,"currentScene":0,"currentGroup":0,"sceneValid":0,"nameSupport":0}
Read result of 'genGroups': {"nameSupport":0}
Read result of 'genOnOff': {"onOff":0,"onTime":1,"offWaitTime":0,"moesStartUpOnOff":2}
Read result of 'genIdentify': {"identifyTime":0}
Read result of 'genBasic': {"hwVersion":1,"manufacturerName":"_TZ3000_l8fsgo6p","modelId":"TS0011","stackVersion":0,"zclVersion":3}

Maybe it doesn’t report changes unless it’s in a scene or detects something else some where (or something stupid like that).

When I get some time I will do some packet sniffing between ZHA and the switch to see what is happening.

Ok, got to the bottom of it with Koenkks help!

I will get a pull request done to have it sorted officially in a coming release.

Given how I fixed it, I have no clue how yours is working? Are you perhaps on an older version of Z2MQTT that has out dated converters maybe? I am on the latest 1.21.1-1.

1 Like

Glad you got it working and that it’s going to be officially included in the next release.

Just an fyi I’ve just connected a three gang wall plate to my Z2M and working straight away, but that seems to use a different tuya chip ( or firmware at least)

I’m running Zigbee2Mqtt: 1.18.3

FYI it looks like with the latest release of Zigbee2Mqtt (1.21.2-1 at time of writing), both the single gang dimmer and single gang non dimmer work correctly.

I have a two gang switch not yet connected, so hopefully that will just work and I wont need to look into it =)

Awesome, great to know, ill update my Z2M!

This weekend just past I installed into the house permanently:

• 1x Single Gang
  • 3x Dual Gang
  • 1x Triple Gang

All connected to Z2M with no issues. But as the switches have no neutral connection they need a continuous load, all the loads I had on these were LED bulbs or CFLs which didn’t have enough load to keep the zigbee alive. So things wouldn’t switch ON or OFF correctly, and when it was in the OFF state they would pulse like a really crappy 90’s disco.

Only way to fix it was to install a $30 “load correction device” onto each wall plate so there is always current flowing through the wall switch.

For the next house, I might just go with the new ZigBee Clipsal mechs that have a neutral… at least they also act as a meshing/routing point.

Wow that is interesting. For the dimmer switch devices I bought the only dimming E27 LED I could find at Bunnings and the load works fine.

For my non dimmer, I didn’t even change the lights. Just have what ever generic E27 LED trash was already in the fixture and it works fine.

To my understanding the continuous load just needs to be less than it takes to activate the LED.

here’s the 90’s disco.

The flashing occurs when i turn the lights off.

Ok I have a two gang switch installed and it just works with ZIgbee2Mqtt. I do see the same problem as you now with the disco mode (didn’t happen with my single gang devices). My dual gang has some down lights that don’t disco and some GU10 that do disco.

Could you describe where you installed the load devices (1 per gang?) and what the part numbers were so I can oraganise another sparky to come install some for me?

To get it to work properly i needed to get a constant current flow through the wall plate to charge up the circuit, these are what I used below.

One lead connected to the switched side of the Wall Plate, any output is fine, the other goes to your Neutral.
Depending on if you have a neutral in your wall or not will dictate where it needs to be installed, but i’ve connected my directly on the wall plate as my neutral also runs down there too.

One 31LCDA per wall plate.

Your sparky may argue that these should be installed at the light itself, as that’s what they were built for, but the “load” we want to correct is the wall plate itself.

I had load issues on switches which powered 1 LED downlight. No issue when it is multiple. I have 2 gang in my laundry and powder room, 1 for the light and other for exhaust. The light flickers when the exhaust is on. Waiting for a sparky to come and fit a load correction device to fix this. Fingers crossed.

I connected these to HA through Z2M, and I have setup 2 way switches via Node-Red, there is a slight delay when turning on the light via the 2nd switch :(, I guess the turn on message has to go through ZB.

I’ve had the 2 gang switches and 3 gang switches freeze on me couple of times now, had to reset the power circut to bring them back. If the issue continues then I might call warrenty to see what is happening. Not sure if it is because of Z2M integration.

I too have mine going though Node Red and Z2M, but no issues at all with Lag beyond whats reasonable for a zigbee network, like worst cast 100ms, no lockups either.

Hopefully the load correction devices work for you too!

Question in regards to the wall switches. Is there any option via Home Assistant to set-up a long press command?

I. E. Single press turns lights on
Long press turns X on.