Make Caseta switch turn on a different light

This seems like a dumb and simple question but I can’t figure it out. I am using Lutron Caseta switches to control my kitchen lights. I installed Philips Hue under-cabinet light strips and would like to control them from the Caseta switch (e.g. by pressing the “decrease brightness” button). I am able to do custom actions with the Lutron Pico remotes like this (via this blueprint) but can’t figure out how to do this with the actual dimmers. In HA, the dimmers are considered lights and I installed them via the custom component.

Is this possible to do?

It should be possible. You can use an automation for the same. Even if the dimmers are considered as lights, there should be a state attribute called brightness. You can use this as the trigger, i,e whenever there is a change of brightness value the automation should be triggered to call the service light.turn_on for the philips hue light with the birghtness same as that of the caseta dimmer.
There could be other ays also but this looks simpler.
If you need any more help please share a screenshot of the states in developer console of both the entities.

Thanks for the reply. Attaching a pic of the dimmer switch in dev console, but I’m not sure how helpful it is. I’m not sure how I would determine which state value correlates to the “decrease brightness” button on the switch.

Please try this as a new automation.

alias: Brightness Sync
description: ''
mode: single
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: light.dining_room_chandelier
    attribute: brightness
condition: []
action:
  - service: light.turn_on
    data:
      brightness: '{{ state_attr('light.dining_room_chandelier', 'brightness')|int}}'
    target:
      entity_id: light.hue_lightstrip_plus_1

Please check if the entity names are correct. Also we may need do some changes with this automation as I have set the automation to trigger only when there is change of brightness value of the switch. please try this and let me know

That did trigger the light strip to turn on with the light, which is helpful, but I am more specifically wondering if there is a way to just turn on the light strip without turning on the light as well. For example, if I could tell just the light strip to turn on when hitting the “decrease brightness” button or the “off” button on the switch, that would be perfect since the light will not turn on but we can trigger the strip to turn on.

I don’t think it is possible in a straight forward way as the binding between the light that is connected to the switch and the button operations are done in the firmware of the switch or to put it simply, firmware inside switch makes sure that the light that is connected to it operates with respect to the button pushes. This is just my understanding, but there may be other options too.

No worries, thank you for all of the help anyways!