MC6 Thermostat

You don’t need a power supply,
the j-flash supply the power (mc6: pin 1 Vcc, 2 Gnd)

This is a chat with Beijing Brade Controls Tech Co (they made mc6)

Thanks Tiziano, that is exactly what I did (and yes you are correct, the module needs to be powered up like any other board to be programmed). However even if I followed the pinout cabling my ST-link keeps failing to connect![st-link|690x399](upload://kG54gHIcePM6wtPii6qEKQ2rGYm.jpeg

UPDATE
ok it came out it was a mis-cabling due to wrong connector labels. And the ST-Link must be set as SWD not JTAG!

Hi Domaray. Is fw v327 compatible with the hardware rel. posted so far (or v309 is the latest), as you might know?
Thanks

As fas as I know, there was some changes in the hardware and should be newest firmware version incompatible. My hardware is old, althougt I bought it in Sep’19, and accepts the version 327 (the original was 298).

Check the connections. I didn’t need to power it to 220v. Just 5v from the USB, but I used JLink instead of your programmer.

Send me a picture of the PCB to see the paths of the programmin connector and check if they are like mine.

This is the working pinout:

The ST-Link does not provide 5v but 3.3v which is not enough to power the ARm+interface. Thisis why I had to apply the external power supply. Also the ST-Link programmer must be set as SWD and not JTAG:

This is my current MC6 hw where I have succesfully loaded rel.309:

Maybe your hardware is too old. You can see 50 17, that normally means, week 50 of year 17.

Try contacting Beijing Brade Controls Tech as Tiziano suggested.

I’ve got the answer from Mr.Yu:

Yes,your hw version is compatible with 3.27.
Regards
Yu

Receiving data always works -> sending data to the thermostat does not (no matter if it is away status or setTemperature…)
In node red I get “Error: Modbus exception 4: Slave device failure (device reports internal error)”

I found out that is not related to the screensaver mode.
After i switch AC power off and on again to reboot the thermostat, it works for a wile and then it suddenly stops.
Very annoying and strange…

I also had some communication problems one week ago but It thought it was due to the HA update to version 0.116. In my case, I couldnt send nor receive data. Finally, I solved it just switch off the MC6 from power supply (switching ff just from the button didn’t work).

The link is expired
Can you publish newone?

Thank’s

Ciao Tiziano.
Here it is:

I’ve tried to install 327 firmware, but all seem works apart the touch screen. If i press the backlight switch on, and i can’t do anythink. I also upload the img file in the image folder. I’ve also tried to upgrade the bootloader , but is the same. I return on 3.09z and all works again.
This is my version

I have upload the 3 firmware versions that I have. All of them should have modbus bug fixed, however I only testedv327.

http://domaray.com/2020/10/25/termostato-mc6-actualizacion-de-firmware-para-trabajar-con-modbus/

Same behaviour appears to my MC6 too. After sometime (I have not identified aroot cause yet, if any) the thermostat stops responding to the modbus queries (read and/or write). To restore the communication I need to hard-reset/power cycle it but it does not last longer…

this is very,very much annoying…

Hi Folks,
after reading this tread I decided to buy one MC6 and give it a try. I got a V 3.09 installed so I activated modbustcp and follow all the steps. Got the output mentioned HA but I also seen the “freeze” of the MC6 on modbusTCP after a while. I tryed different settings in polling atc but no change in the behaviour. Is anyone in contact with the vendor for this issue? Do you know the pinout for the rs485 in case I would like to try that route?

Thanks so much!!
Sergio

Hi Sergio.
I hyave not get in contact with the vendor for the timeout issue yet. I am starting to be annoied by this MC6 with all its strange behaviours…
You might want to contect Beijing Brade Controls Tech directly (Mr. Yu). They are
normally very collaborative

Thanks ringhio80,

which chanel are you using to contact them?

Cheers,
Sergio

If not fron the Brade Controls web directly, try by email at the following address:
[email protected] // Mr. Qiang Yu
ciao
Luca