Meater thermometer

Hi @brg468,

I did some testing with the API directly, and to me it seems that the order of the probes is random somehow. So it is not a problem of the HA integration. What is shown as probe 1 on the Block is returned by API as 4 giving me hope that the order was just reverse, but probe 3 is returned as 3 and probe 4 as 2. So i don’t see any system there.

Do you know if there is any logic based on the probe IDs? Or perhaps we could request Meater to modify the API to return the devices in the same order as they are shown on the Block?

Are the probe temps and cooks aligning correctly? For example if you start a cook on one probe does the temp and cook data all match?

I think so, but I didn’t get around to really test them in real life. Opened a question over at the API documentation to see if they are able to tell us.

I guess as long as the temperatures and cook data are for the same probe that’s what’s important. It would be nice if the probe numbers were the same as how Meater shows them, but I think its workable if that’s not the case for now.

Looks like this will not be included in HA 2021.6 either.
How can a noob like me continue to use it as a custom component if I want to update to 2021.6?

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] No ‘version’ key in the manifest file for custom integration ‘meater’. As of Home Assistant 2021.6, this integration will no longer be loaded. Please report this to the maintainer of ‘meater’

I would suggest either not upgrading to 2021.6 or try adding something like:

"version":"1.0.0"

to manifest.json and see if that works.

1 Like

Thank you very much, it worked perfectly to add the version line to manifest.json and it is no longer complaining so I’m all ready for 2021.6.
If anybody else is struggling with this here is how the manifest.json file is looking now:

{
  "domain": "meater",
  "name": "Meater",
  "config_flow": true,
  "documentation": "https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/meater",
  "version": "1.0.0",
  "requirements": [
    "meater-python==0.0.8"
  ],
  "codeowners": [
    "@Sotolotl"
  ]
}
1 Like

I downloaded all the files from Sotolotls meater integration into my custom_components folder and restarted HA - how do I get the integration added after that? I don’t see it when I hit add integration and no new devices or entities were added

If you are running HA 2021.6 or later you need to do the change to manifest.json file posted just above your post :slight_smile:

thanks, I had done that but for some reason the integration only showed up after restarting HA a few times as mentioned above, weird

@Sotolotl Any updates on this integration? From what it looks it will not be included in 2021.9 either. Do you have any other branch that includes more sensors or is Internal and Ambient still the only sensors that are exposed?
Many thanks and best regards.

See my comment above. You can swap out the sensor.py file in my repo with the one you’re currently running. It has all the cook data, just waiting on the initial commit to be accepted before adding the rest.

1 Like

Thank you, I actually did try your sensor.py a couple of months ago but it did not work for me. Since I did not have the time to investigate back then I simply restored the original file. Now your sensor.py works without any issues, so maybe the API was down when I tried or something else. I have no logs and unfortunately I don´t remember the error message.
Many thanks for your nice work :smiley:

1 Like

for those who dont see the integration, clear your browser cache

1 Like

I’m such a rookie that I don’t know how to just pull the meater directory from the entire HA core repo. :rofl:

Git doesn’t make this easy, in your defense. I had to cobble together a somewhat whak Git command that I didn’t even bother keeping. At the end of the day you can always just pull the entire thing and copy the folder out :shrug:

Hi guys, I’ve been following this thread and am brand new to HA. Firstly thanks for all the great work with this. I’ve been able to setup the integration, however I didn’t spot the traffic flow. My use case was to use HA running on a PI4 in place of the wifi so I could monitor my cook away from my house. Is there a way to do this, and if not what benefits are you guys getting from the integration?

Just wanted to drop by and say thank you for this. Love that it doesn’t rely on the cloud and provides all the information necessary. Running in a docker container and created my own cook status that automatically shows on panel outdoors by my grill. Fantastic.

Sorry for being a total Noob
Where is the Manifest file located? I cannot find it within the meater intergration folder

Create a file named manifest.json with the contents in this post: Meater thermometer - #163 by rodak

1 Like