Media browser unkown error

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fc3eaf5cc00> #<Tag:0x00007fc3eaf5cb10>

Hello All,

I am getting an error message when I try open the media browser from any of my squeezebox media players. I get the error only with squeezebox and not any other media players. Prior to adding media file to the media folder I would get a “no media found” message, but after adding media (.mp3 files only) I get the following.

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/squeezebox/browse_media.py:153
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 11:29:14 AM (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:29:26 AM

[281473383879632] Error handling message: Unknown error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/decorators.py", line 18, in _handle_async_response
    await func(hass, connection, msg)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/media_player/__init__.py", line 1066, in websocket_browse_media
    payload = await player.async_browse_media(media_content_type, media_content_id)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/squeezebox/media_player.py", line 584, in async_browse_media
    return await library_payload(self._player)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/squeezebox/browse_media.py", line 153, in library_payload
    result = await player.async_browse(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pysqueezebox/player.py", line 645, in async_browse
    return await self._lms.async_browse(category, limit=limit, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pysqueezebox/server.py", line 233, in async_browse
    items = await self.async_get_category(item_type, limit, search)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pysqueezebox/server.py", line 305, in async_get_category
    return self.__dict__[category][2][:limit]
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Anyone else have this error?

I know enough to get into trouble but not enough to get myself out. I’m sure the logs are giving me all the info I need and I am just missing it.

Running a Home Assistant Blue machine so nothing custom.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thank you,

Sam

Has anyone has a problem like this?

One last bump, anyone?

Hi, i have the same issue…
Also only when browsing playlists on squeezebox.

Media Browsing Error - Unknown error

regards
//Hans

Hello Hans,

I have not found a solution for this. I have been able to browes/play media that is stored on a network drive (synology server). I can not browse media stored locally on my home assistant server. One possible solution (I have not tested this) is to share the HA media folder to the network and then setup your squeeze box server to look there. Probably not the best idea but may be a workaround.

Sam

Hi, thanks for the answer.
Sadly, that’s not a good workaround for me…
I have a dedicated LMS and tons of music on and the HA is also an dedicated box with only HA on.
Don’t wan’t to mix… :slight_smile:

Anyway, thanks!

// Hans

@scpowered @viperhansa are either of you, by chance, using Frigate NVR?

I have this same issue, where media browsing is unavailable and returns an unknown error. I am able to resolve the issue by restarting the Frigate add-on.

I am not yet certain why this is happening, though.