Media Player cards have gone

Hi all

After an update last week, my media player cards have gone missing.

The actual entities still exist and can be controlled, it’s just the cards that are the issue.

This is how the appear when editing Love Lace (where the media cards were):

And here’s editing with the code editor:

The visual editor simply shows an empty box.

I’m not seeing anything in the logs to suggest what the issue is. If anybody can point me in the right direction, that’d be awesome.

Thanks

Same here all media cards are gone
Tested with different Themes & languages. Installed last version 2021.11.4

No solution found so far.

Not enough info help you anyhow so far.

Thanks, glad I’m not the only one experiencing this issue. Mine looks exactly the same as your screenshot.

I’m unsure which one, but this issue started after one of the November updates.

Do we need to raise this as a bug somewhere?

Thankyou :slight_smile:

Do you mean I need to provide more info?

Bugs are usually reported in github. I have not been able to find anything here yet. I also experienced this problem with one of the updates in November 1 - 4. My alexa devices or the TV can be controlled. However, the lovelace display is blocked.

Everyone needs to provide more info. It should be basics: System and addons running, version, when did it happen…

Only stating, that something does not works does not say much to a developer reading it…

Okay…

Core Version
core-2021.11.3
(just updating to core-2021.11.4)

Supervisor Version
supervisor-2021.10.8 (stable)

Operating System
Home Assistant OS 6.6 (production deployment)

Add-ons are (should I include versions?):
Check Home Assistant Config
chrony
Duck DNS
File Editor
FTP
Mosquito Broker
Samba Share
Terminal & SSH

This is all running from a VM.

Thankyou :relaxed:

Here (HA 2021.11.4 supervised on Debian 11) everything is ok with the media-control card.

is the name of the media player you are entering correct?

I also have a Samsung TV and the media player made by the integration has significantly longer name: media_player.tv_samsung_q60_series_55

I have removed all media_players in the dashboard and added new. RAW mode.

Now it works again:

Thanks to all !!!

1 Like

Hi Bebe

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I’ve confirmed the entity names.

This is currently affecting 2 TVs, 1 XBOX and 4 Echos.

Thankyou :blush:

Hi Privat

How did you go about this? If you could let me know, Ill let you know if this fixed it for me too.

Thankyou :relaxed:

There was a widely reported issue with some custom Lovelace cards blocking the loading of core cards like the media control card after the November update.

You should ensure that all your custom cards (if any) are up to date.

One way to find out if this is your problem is to check the browser console, which on Chrome or Firefox is accessed by pressing F12. Errors will be shown if some frontend elements are not loading

Thankyou reste, turned out to be the first custom card mentioned in that thread (Atomic Calendar).

Removing that has now fixed my issue.

Thanks again.

1 Like