MELCLOUD not working?

This solution is for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air Conditioners!

1 Like

It worked for me as well!! Great, thx @LasseHC

1 Like

The DNS fix works flawlessly for transmitting controls to the unit, but I still have issue with intermittent current temperature retrievel not working. Is it the same for you guys?
For the temperature to be retrieved, I have to go to the unit on the app.melcloud.com website, even on the app it doesn’t work everytime.

Yesterday I sent an email to [email protected] and got an answer earlier this morning:

"Good morning,

Following a malfunction on the Mel cloud server, this caused loss of communication regarding our WI FI interfaces.
We implement all necessary resources to ensure that these inconveniences are resolved as quickly as possible.

The service will return automatically and you will not have to redo the pairing and setting again"

1 Like

@foux no problem with the temps here. All data looks ok at this moment. Also got the feeling that the units responds a little faster on this url but have no hard numbers :rofl:

Hi! Working workaround. Setup dns rewrites like this and both ha and app starts to work again!

production.receiver.melcloud.com

8 Likes

Hi from Spain, I have the same problem, impossible to connect since 18/04 19:50. I really don’t understand how a big company like Mitsubishi can take so long to fix the issue."

Used 52.49.107.93 for production.receiver.melcloud.com in Pi-Hole and it worked.
Was able to command the AC from HA and get back the room temperature!

Raphael

1 Like

Hi, could you please explain how to do it? Thanks

1 Like

Same here 18th april 2024 last communication with unit at 20:53… wifi looks to connect perfectly but registration fails…

1 Like

If you don’t know how to do it, you don’t have a home network allowing you to do it, sorry. It is a bit complicated to explain you this here. You can lookup pi.hole and adguard@home if you want to set it up.

Added the ips to my routers DNS and everything is working again :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

If it’s just changing IP’s where DNS resolves to… makes you wonder why doesn’t melcloud.com DNS admin/owner just do same on global level and makes things work again (which is 3 minutes job) ? Also, they seem to be behind somekind AWS loadbalancer so again… why they just don’t change backend servers (5 minutes job).

7 Likes

Here is how you do it if you have Ubiquiti edgerouter (using CLI):

configure
set system static-host-mapping host-name production.receiver.melcloud.com inet 52.215.226.151
commit

2 Likes

is it possible to add static dns entries to unifi usg?

why you add 3 ip addresses for one host? I think, it will always resolve it to first ip

1 Like

I’m not sure about unifi USG.

“nslookup leswifidata.meuk.mee.com
returned those three addresses, so I added them all (I didn’t think about it any further). One address is definitely enough to make this workaroud to work.

1 Like

just confirming that including a DNS entry from production.receiver.melcloud.com to 52.215.226.151 into my router did fix the problem into MELCloud and homeassistant.

Thanks @Bokenbergen

5 Likes

I’ve spent all day resetting my router thinking its a IT problem at home… Mine stopped working on the 18th as well…

Portugal is not working either. I send some of your suggestions over as it doesn’t make sense why they don’t implement a quick DNS change as a quick fix. Change control in these big companies can be a nightmare though. Many channels to go through before doing a remedial change.