MELCLOUD not working?

It doesn’t work in Slovenia too… I had to fall back to my dusty remote.

I have complaints from our airbnb guests that the apartment is cold. I turn off the power supply of the apartment to reboot but no reaction to cloud commands. (Germany) Luckily we have two Daikin units that still work.

1 Like

I’m in Sweden and have the same exact issue. I also tried to reset and setup the wifi through ‘192.168.11.1’, everything works until it tries to connect to the wifi, then the error is blinking.

My interface is MAC-577IF2-E. I received an automated mail from ’ [email protected]’ stating that I lost the connection since: 4/18/2024 8:46:00 PM

We can now only wait for them to fix whatever issue is on their sida.

192.168.11.1/network worked for me to sett new wifi settings but it dident solve the problem…

can you please explain more about the dns-hack.

It’s not a hack. You need to run your own internal dns server(s). If you don’t have these you can’t use the workaround.

2 Likes

Hello,

Same situation here in France since 18/04.

I sent an email to MELCloud support this morning and just got this answer:

Date: 20 April 2024 at 11:26:54 GMT+2
Subject: TR: MELCloud no connection since 18/04

Good morning,

Following a malfunction on the Mel cloud server, this caused loss of communication regarding our WI FI interfaces.

We implement all necessary resources to ensure that these inconveniences are resolved as quickly as possible.

The service will return automatically and you will not have to redo the pairing and setting again

-----Message d’origine-----

De : [email protected] [email protected]

Envoyé : samedi 20 avril 2024 09:44

À : Clim, Tech [email protected]

Objet : MELCloud no connection since 18/04

Hello,

All my 6 air conditioning units report communication failure since 18/04 20:30 (Paris time).

WiFi, network, internet are all operational.

Please advise how to restore communication.

Thanks & regards

3 Likes

As a matter of interest, the Alexa app (where I also have my 3 Mitsubishi heat pumps set up) shows the message “Device is unresponsive” which is better than the Melcoud app itself (or the HA integration) which gives no indication that something is wrong. Unfortunately, Alexa provides no way of generating a notification based on this loss of function, but at least one can go and look…

Joining from Hungary with AP35 air conditioner which stopped working from HA and melcloud app, too.

The last few days recognized that the unit reacts much slower when an automation change from heating to ventilator mode or vane position, but it’s worked until today morning.

From this morning I can send anything with HA and it shows that the unit responded but the unit doesn’t do anything only accept and reacts to commands from the IR remote control.

That worked, thanks! Out of interest how did you find the alternate domain?

1 Like

Your solution works fine for me (from paris).
Many thanks.

which solution please ??

Anybody knows if someone sell prebuild the controller for local mitsubishi control described here ?

For netherlands…

will install it this afternoon, had ik lying around waiting for a good time to install it… now seems to be that time…

From Walti’s post in this thread, you will have to ask Walti where its from :slight_smile:

I wonder if it is possible to run the controller with everything local, to avoid this issue in the future.
Has anyone managed to do this ?

Go back a few post, you have the instructions to build a controller running locally

thanks for the advice - it’s now working again!