MELCLOUD not working?

hyekai, this is just my humble opinion but unless you know DNS and stuff… i think its better to wait.

And yes we all suffer from this waiting for service to be fixed as well as general knowledge from manufacturer what is going on/what is the status of the fix

(personally i sent message to support and got reply last week there is a bug in some update they did and a fix is coming…)

When it is coming is a big question mark

4 Likes

I have been suffering the same problem for at least two days. Mitsubishi’s way of acting is very disappointing, they have the Melcloud service forgotten and with very poor support. For me it’s very serious because I’m blind and without Melcloud I can’t use the unit. It is outrageous that after so many days we continue like this, it seems that the support and maintenance service of Mitsubishi Melcloud does not work on weekends. Greetings from Valencia, Spain.

1 Like

Bugs are acceptable + fixes, information about problems non existant… is not

2 Likes

Hello, here above the answer of
MEU-UK, LES Technical Helpdesk [email protected]

“”"We are aware of an issue with the MELCloud. This may have affected the communication through the app and your MELCloud interface/s, including Google Home and Alexa.
Our development teams are investigating the issue. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Kind regards

1 Like

Same problem were in Portugal, have two Mitsubishi PSA-RP140KA on my comercial space and since Thursday I can control them .

Even a PC has a restore function. Here’s a novel idea, why not have backup servers with the pre-update databases. This could and should have been done a lot differently. The public relations debacle is a whole other thing…

2 Likes

Same here in France… No updated data since April 19th. It sucks. I hope Mitsu will correct the issue fast.

Yes, everyone should contact (IT-) news pages in their country, so Mitsubishi will learn a lesson from this and better have quick backup / restore options in the future.

2 Likes

For everyone with a pi-hole these are the steps to configure the workaround:

Go to “Local DNS > DNS Records”
Fill out the fields like in the screenshot

Domain: production.receiver.melcloud.com
IP address: 52.49.107.93 (this one is working for the Netherlands)

1 Like

1 Like

Yes, I agree, I don’t understand that they don’t have a backup. Many people write here that it doesn’t work since Thursday, April 18, this only applies to air conditioners, heat pump monitoring doesn’t work since April 16.

I’ve been doing a bit of research on the architecture of MelCloud. I found out that this solution originally came from 2004, when they developed application for Windows (they did not release this application), then released only WEB browser variant. Subsequently, as mobile applications spread around 2009, they began to cooperate with many universities and subsequently with the SW company OneAdvanced from the UK (this company developed MelCloud as B2B partner for MITSUBISHI). The first commercial MelCloud as part of air conditioning and heat pump solutions was created in 2011 for high end units. Android, IOS and Windows client applications were gradually released. Since 2014 also available for cheaper series of units.

They addressed this requirement by making use of the capabilities of Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Edition to organize servers into Always-On availability groups, and by using de-centralized PCIe-based SSD storage. They developed their own web-services using the .Net MVC framework both to communicate with the hardware devices and with the control applications. The control applications were developed using the Adobe Phonegap platform which allowed them to write a single codebase that supports all major mobile platforms.

Now MITSUBISHI is preparing a new cloud solution (Mel Cloud Commercial - a paid application at the end of Q2/2024) and subsequently the new Mel Cloud Basic, which is to replace the existing one in Q3/20204.

At the same time, they won an EU research project: Demand-response Demonstration Experiment with Heat Pumps Begins under EU “REACT” Project:

In my opinion, the fact that they had originally subcontractors for the existing solution and now they are preparing a new solution (I found out that they have built their own team for it) and are still solving research projects may be the answer to what is actually happening.

1 Like

As written above:

The problem is a wrong DNS-resolve of the MELCloud-Server.

You need an ‚indoor‘-DNS.

:slight_smile:

I use/installed ‚AdGuard‘ on my HA to get rid of anoying adds some Time ago.

So this IS an indoor DNS! You can add the new/other ip in the filter-section.

Working :+1:!

Don’t quite understand why people are saying this is because Mitsubishi doesn’t do backups. Have they said anything about this being related to data loss and not having backups?

Mitsubishi… backups ???

So you have knowledge that a 80.000 employee company has decided that they don’t need backups? Seems unlikely.

2 Likes

The solution doesn’t work for a long time, and if they had a backup of all service settings, they would recovery it back to a working solution. I’m not talking about data loss.

This is exactly what i mean

Why Mitsubishi doesnt do good

You as I have no knowledge about what has gone wrong, since they haven’t communicated anything (yes, I am affected too). But stuff about «service settings» and their backups just doesn’t make sense. Oh and that a change in your DNS makes the solution work again points to that they have their «service settings» redundant. Why they haven’t updated the DNS entry on their side is strange though. Maybe related to traffic shaping? No idea.

Of the 80,000 MITSUBISHI employees, 99% are HW engineers, assembly workers and administration including management. MITSU’s Core Business is about HW and not about SW, and they didn’t understand that the world has moved a bit somewhere else.

Hi am based in London and I have 5 Mitsubishi AC units connected to two outdoor units and I am unable to connect since the 18/04, initially I thought it was my Wi-Fi but reading all the threads it’s obvious that in is MELCloud that has the issue. They really need to sort this out quickly. I hardly use my remote and now will have to inconvenience myself and going the old school way in controlling my units. Very disappointing.