Mercator Ikuu Double Outdoor Powerpoint

Hi All,

I bought a Mercator Double Outdoor Powerpoint (material SPP02GIP from Double Power Point IP54 | Ikuü) despite it not being on the Zigbee supported list and had a go at setting it up in Zigbee2MQTT.

Since this is the first time I’ve ever set up a new device in Zigbee2MQTT I thought I would post my attempt here looking for any suggested improvements.

Basically it works - I can control both switches on the power point and I am getting energy monitoring information back.

One thing to note - the power monitoring seems to be one reported figure for both sockets (for some reason I assumed it would be a figure per socket).

The custom config file (SPP02GIP.js) that I created is below:

const fz = require('zigbee-herdsman-converters/converters/fromZigbee');
const tz = require('zigbee-herdsman-converters/converters/toZigbee');
const exposes = require('zigbee-herdsman-converters/lib/exposes');
const reporting = require('zigbee-herdsman-converters/lib/reporting');
const extend = require('zigbee-herdsman-converters/lib/extend');
const e = exposes.presets;
const ea = exposes.access;

const definition = {
    fingerprint: [{modelID: 'TS011F', manufacturerName: '_TZ3210_7jnk7l3k'}],
    zigbeeModel: ['TS011F'],
    model: 'SPP02GIP',
    vendor: 'Mercator',
    description: 'Mercator Ikuu Double Outdoors Power Point',
    fromZigbee: [fz.on_off, fz.electrical_measurement, fz.metering, fz.ignore_basic_report, fz.tuya_switch_power_outage_memory],
    toZigbee: [tz.on_off],
    exposes: [e.switch().withEndpoint('left'), e.switch().withEndpoint('right'), e.power().withEndpoint('left'), e.current().withEndpoint('left'), e.voltage().withEndpoint('left').withAccess(ea.STATE), e.energy()],
    endpoint: (device) => {
            return {left: 1, right: 2};
    },
    // The configure method below is needed to make the device reports on/off state changes
    // when the device is controlled manually through the button on it.
    meta: {multiEndpoint: true}, 
    configure: async (device, coordinatorEndpoint, logger) => {
        const endpoint1 = device.getEndpoint(1);
        const endpoint2 = device.getEndpoint(2);
        await reporting.bind(endpoint1, coordinatorEndpoint, ['genBasic', 'genOnOff', 'haElectricalMeasurement', 'seMetering']);
        await reporting.bind(endpoint2, coordinatorEndpoint, ['genOnOff']);
        await reporting.onOff(endpoint1);
        await reporting.rmsVoltage(endpoint1, {change: 5});
        await reporting.rmsCurrent(endpoint1, {change: 50});
        await reporting.activePower(endpoint1, {change: 1});
        await reporting.onOff(endpoint2);
        endpoint1.saveClusterAttributeKeyValue('haElectricalMeasurement', {acCurrentDivisor: 1000, acCurrentMultiplier: 1});
        endpoint1.saveClusterAttributeKeyValue('seMetering', {divisor: 100, multiplier: 1});
	device.save();
    },
};

module.exports = definition;

What is now being exposed from the device:

The clusters:

Anyone have any potential improvements?

Regards,

Jason

5 Likes

I thought it was time to look at this brand and when I accessed their web page I get

Hi there! We have identified an issue within the Mercator Ikuü platform which is impacting the function of our home automation platform. We are sorry if this outage is affecting you – devices are continuing to come back online, however all your devices may not be accessible at the same time. We are working to restore this service fully and will be updating this notice as we can confirm when we will be able to have Mercator Ikuü back to usual.

Weird.

Guess that’s the issue with devices that have a reliance on a cloud service.

Mine is setup purely as a Zigbee device through Zigbee2MQTT with no connection to the Ikuu app/service. That way I have local control and expose cloud access via Home Assistant.

Regards,

Jason

1 Like

I bought few of the double GPOs and these are not in the Z2M supported device list, so had to create my own custome device.
And I can confirm that these also only report power monitoring as a combined value, not individual outlets. Bit dissapointed as 1 double GPO is used in my laundry so was hoping to individually monitor the washer and dryer and send a notification when it is done. But now I need to think of some additional logic based on the power usage to track which machine is running.

Unless both of us missed something in the config and there is a way to get 2 power outputs :slight_smile:

I hope you have submitted a PR to z2m?

I am also looking at these devices, what is the experience thus far? What would people recommendations be as these devices come in WIFI & Zigbee? Sorry only just learned what Zigbee was, new to HomeAssistant.

I can only see a zigbee version of the outdoor powerpoint. Can you point to the wifi one?

@nickrout https://www.ikuu.com.au/wp/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Mercator_Ikuu_Catalogue_MBR000019_Wiring_Accessories_A4_Web-1.pdf
Page 12

Unless you can find a method to use their wifi (which probably involves the cloud) I would stick with zigbee.

By the way thanks for the catalogue :slight_smile:

1 Like

@nickrout as I have xiaomi hub will any zigbee device work with it?

I don’t think so. I use zigbee2mqtt.

@nickrout do you have anything to share that could help me understand how to do this?

https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/

1 Like

Literally in the same situation today. Question for you though - the smartenergy_metering summation_delivered value seems way off? Every minute its going up by a few thousand kwh. Do/did you have the same issue and any suggestion on a fix?

The device shows up as:
TS011F
by _TZ3210_pfbzs1an

Any way to get home assistance to rewrite _TZ3210_pfbzs1an as Mercator?

Cheers!

@kiwizznz can you not go to Entities and rename it?

@nickrout I ended up buying a Conbee II dongle. Do you know of any issue with this?

It seems to be on the list of supported adaptors, but I have never used one Supported Adapters | Zigbee2MQTT

Don’t think so - the manufacturer isn’t an entity (or at least as far as I can tell). Any idea how to get the scale right for the power usage? Its now up to 5.5 billion kwh…

Looking at these too, does anyone know if you can use ZHA with a conbee2. Everything is set up on that platform now and I don’t want to change it.

A really valuable resource for zigbee is Database of Zigbee devices compatible with ZHA, Tasmota, Zigbee2MQTT, deCONZ, ZiGate and ioBroker

Looking at a few random Mercator Ikuu devices on there I cannot see any listed as compatible with ZHA, but that doesn’t mean they don/t work. Zigbee is zigbee after all.