Mercedes Me Component

Works for me too on the A250e.

Cool! (or pre-heat?)

1 Like

Pre-heat is a terrible name as it could of course be cooling if we ever get a summer here in Europe :laughing:

One day I’ll name my sensors properly instead of in a hurry. Then again, maybe not.

Thanks again @ReneNulschDE top dev!

2 Likes

Hi,

few features are not implemented yet. What would you like to see?

• Theft
  • Collision (Park events)
  • EcoScore
1 Like

I’m a data junky. The more info, the better!

I’m still a home assistant beginner, so it takes me a lot of plagiarising to implement anything. If anyone has a lovelace card to set times & temperature for the pre-heating, that would be awesome.

EDIT: I found ambient temperature attribute in the Odometer entity.

Any idea if it’s possible to implement “Send route to car?”

I have published a beta release v0.5.7-beta.1

This version adds a service to transfer a route to a car.

Usage example - A button that submits the location of the “Brandenburger Tor” in Berlin to the car.

type: button
tap_action:
  action: call-service
  service: mbapi2020.send_route
  service_data:
    vin: WXXXXXXXXXXXX
    title: Brandenburger Tor
    latitude: '52.5162746'
    longitude: '13.3755154'
    city: Berlin
    postcode: '10117'
    street: Pariser Platz 1
  target: {}
name: Send "Brandenburger Tor"-Route to Car

After few seconds the route is shown on the car display:

4 Likes

Very nice, thanks!

EDIT: can confirm it works :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hello, I can confirm this component is working on Switzerland with V250. Many thanks for your work

1 Like

Hi Rene,
1st, I like to thank you for all your development efforts here with the Mercedes HA interface. I, as retired Mercedes IT (MBUSA) person understand the complexities your are navigating through.
Having stated this, I have (2) versions of HA running within ProxMox. I’ll call “prod” and “test”.
Both have successfully acquired access to my vehicle sensors. In the “test” version I am from time to time asked to reauthorize myself via my MercedesME 2020 interface. I’m lost as to why it only occurs on my "test "version and not my “prod”. After authorization of PIN Code email exchange and entry, all works till the next drop. I suspect I do not have a stored or permanent token of sort. Your guidance would be appreciated to resolve this.
Thanks Birger :sunglasses:

Hi @Pachangadad ,

I have multiple environments running and have never seen this behavior. Do you shutdown your “test” environment for a longer time? Is the date/time of the system correct? Do you copy files from prod to test?

BR
Rene

Hi Rene,

Today I removed my integration completed, restarted HA to verify all was removed in it’s entirety.
Afterwards I performed a re-installation and so far all appears to be connected again.
I did find in my secrets.yaml I had a different VIN entry, which was my previous vehicle.
Not sure if that caused the conflict.
I will update you should I have altered results again.
Thanks again for your effort.
Birger (PachangaDad)

What if after installing this component using HACS I go to configuration, integration and click on “+ add integration” and search for Mercedes but nothing shows?

Has anyone seen this before?
Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Yeah should look like the image below. If you’re sure it installed okay in HACS maybe just try restarting HA and try again.

Yeap, I tried restarting HA already.

I am going to try deleting and reinstalling again

Deleting MercedesME 2020 and Mercedes API and reinstalling MercedesMe 2020 fixed my issue

1 Like

Would have been simpler if you would clear browser’s cache.

Cheers,
us

Does anyone have a good idea on how to be able to ask google assistant how much gas there is in the car (or other sensor values)? This would be really cool :slight_smile:

It’s a standard feature of the Mercedes Me skill for Alexa.

Hi @Konrad_Lindblad ,

Do you use the standard HA-Cloud integration from NabuCasa? With this integration the setup is quite simple.