Mercedes Me Component

Hello, I can confirm this component is working on Switzerland with V250. Many thanks for your work

1 Like

Hi Rene,
1st, I like to thank you for all your development efforts here with the Mercedes HA interface. I, as retired Mercedes IT (MBUSA) person understand the complexities your are navigating through.
Having stated this, I have (2) versions of HA running within ProxMox. I’ll call “prod” and “test”.
Both have successfully acquired access to my vehicle sensors. In the “test” version I am from time to time asked to reauthorize myself via my MercedesME 2020 interface. I’m lost as to why it only occurs on my "test "version and not my “prod”. After authorization of PIN Code email exchange and entry, all works till the next drop. I suspect I do not have a stored or permanent token of sort. Your guidance would be appreciated to resolve this.
Thanks Birger :sunglasses:

Hi @Pachangadad ,

I have multiple environments running and have never seen this behavior. Do you shutdown your “test” environment for a longer time? Is the date/time of the system correct? Do you copy files from prod to test?

BR
Rene

Hi Rene,

Today I removed my integration completed, restarted HA to verify all was removed in it’s entirety.
Afterwards I performed a re-installation and so far all appears to be connected again.
I did find in my secrets.yaml I had a different VIN entry, which was my previous vehicle.
Not sure if that caused the conflict.
I will update you should I have altered results again.
Thanks again for your effort.
Birger (PachangaDad)

What if after installing this component using HACS I go to configuration, integration and click on “+ add integration” and search for Mercedes but nothing shows?

Has anyone seen this before?
Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Yeah should look like the image below. If you’re sure it installed okay in HACS maybe just try restarting HA and try again.

Yeap, I tried restarting HA already.

I am going to try deleting and reinstalling again

Deleting MercedesME 2020 and Mercedes API and reinstalling MercedesMe 2020 fixed my issue

1 Like

Would have been simpler if you would clear browser’s cache.

Cheers,
us

Does anyone have a good idea on how to be able to ask google assistant how much gas there is in the car (or other sensor values)? This would be really cool :slight_smile:

It’s a standard feature of the Mercedes Me skill for Alexa.

Hi @Konrad_Lindblad ,

Do you use the standard HA-Cloud integration from NabuCasa? With this integration the setup is quite simple.

Yes i do. :slight_smile: Got any advice on how to do this?

Hi there!

Is there a way to get the battery percentage on a PHEV Mercedes? I now only see the electric range.

Thanks!

Not sure about PHEV, but on EQC it’s the soc attribute in range_electric entity.

car_soc:
        friendly_name: State of Charge
        value_template: '{{ states.sensor.yourlicenseplate_range_electric.attributes.soc }}'
1 Like

SOC also shows it for my PHEV. Would be nice if it was exposed as a separate sensor, a template of course can solve it but it makes it less out of the box. Maybe a feature request for the developer :pray:

Thanks!

Hi,
I am new to this thread, so first of all, let me say a big Thank You to @ReneNulschDE for creating this integration! It really works like a charm, is super-easy to set up and I just love to check the range of my car from my wall-mounted Raspi with touchscreen, before I need to take a longer trip :slight_smile:

Having said this, I would like to report something that may be a bug - but I am not sure if it is in the mpabpi2020 integration, or somewhere else. I tried to set up a travel time sensor using the HERE travel time integration, showing how far (in minutes) my car is away from home:

- platform: here_travel_time
    name: Von zu hause entfernt
    api_key: "*******"
    origin_entity_id: device_tracker.c_klasse_device_tracker
    destination_entity_id: zone.home
    traffic_mode: true

Strangely, just adding the above lines of codes leads to all of the sensors of my car becoming “unavailable”. Removing these lines (and restarting HA) renders them operational again.

Using the above code with a different device_tracker works. That’s why I suspect that the problem is associated with the Mercedes Me integration.

I would be glad if you could look into this. Please advise on any debug logs that I might create, I am quite new to HA, so just tell me what you need me to do, and I will be happy to provide it.

HI @orbelico ,

I can’t reproduce this in my environment. The here sensor shows unknown at the beginning and as soon as the device_tracker gets updated the value is shown in the here sensor.

Could you enable the debug mode for the MB-component and the Here component?

and check the logs?

Hi @Konrad_Lindblad ,

looks like that Google has some limitations. You can only integrate sensors with the type temparature. With Alexa it should be possible. Just configure it based on the documentation of the HA-Cloud integration.