Mercedes Me Component

That was quick! Thanks

Out of curiosity, why do you have entities for Low Brake Fluid Warning, Low Coolant Level Warning and Low Wash Water Warning, when these are also attributes of the Engine Warning Light entity?

:slight_smile: Copied my code from the last integration. My initial plan was to create a “car”-Sensor with all this minor relevant topics. This is on my backlog with a low prio since a long time :wink:

hi,

Wonderful to see this active - I’ve used your component before and now reinstalled it as HACS component. Issue I run into is I cannot find the Mercedes Me connection setup - I’m referring to the popup you are showing in the set of screen prints - after plenty of reboots?

How can I convince it to find the new car ? I’ve activated debug log but don’t see anything apart from the warning there is a custom integration. Anywhere I can wipe settings from the previous integration? I am currently running version 2020.12.0 on an RPI4.

I had an old mercedesme: in my configuration.yaml but that was commented out as I did not extend my subscription to the service. New car comes with active subscription again.

Many thanks!
Jhh

This is awesome! Works like a charm! Now I wish I had not thrown away my lovelace config a couple of months ago :-(.

For your info: some log warning:
Logger: homeassistant.util.async_
Source: util/async_.py:105
First occurred: 11:03:04 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:03:04

Detected I/O inside the event loop. This is causing stability issues. Please report issue to the custom component author for mbapi2020 doing I/O at custom_components/mbapi2020/oauth.py, line 192: response = requests.post(

Once you installed it via HACS and restarted HA, did you then go into Config/Integrations and add it there? That’s when the Config screen appears and it will appear as an integration on that page, showing the device.

2 Likes

Of course I didn’t :blush: - thanks for pointing that out. Works like a charm now!

Excellent work @ReneNulschDE
It is working well in Portugal.

1 Like

Hi,

Works good in sweden with CLA220.

Thanks for the work!

1 Like

Hi @Mobiledude,

thanks for reporting. The issue is fixed with a change to get the new access token async.

BR
Rene

1 Like

updated just now. update notification in Hacs :+1:

1 Like

Hi
it works properly also in italy.
please include also IT in tested country :slight_smile:

Working good also in Norway with E43 and GLS63.
Excellent work!

Great work @ReneNulschDE !!! If you add climate control you should get a free Mercedes :slightly_smiling_face:

I can’t seem to install the add-on using HAIO 2020.12.7. I get an invalid Repo error when adding and I can’t see the add-on if I download from GitHub and place in the addons folder. Am I doing this all wrong?!

Hi @Matt_Hayes,

could you share a screenshot? . You have to add the repo-link into the HACS component. Also the “addon”-folder should be the “custom_component” folder. What do you mean with HAIO 2020.12.7?

BR
Rene

Great work however when I try and sign in while setting up the integration I get “Unknown error occurred” when putting in my MB email address and clicking “Submit”. Any help as to what I should be looking for to get past this point would be appreciated!
Also there’s a minor spelling error on that page where it says “email adress” (should be “address”).

Hi @phiebs,

Which country are you from? Could you enable the debug mode and post the detailed error message?

BR
Rene

It’s not an add-on, it’s a HACS integration. Follow HACS installation instructions, then add custom repo. Don’t forget to add the integration in the standard add integration config in HA.

@ReneNulschDE just checking, if I understand correctly. The integration is updating sensors only on reboot of HA currently right?

hi, with latest version the update should be visible directly (+30sec max).

1 Like