Mercedes Me Component

Thank you for looking at it. I tried that URL just for kicks with similar results. It doesn’t like the access token.

I ended up using the screenshot method.

1 Like

Hi,

I have updated the component and hopefully the websocket connection is much more stable now. Feeback is very welcome. Based on my test the server closes the connection after ~200 minutes. Now the component reconnects automatically.

As a small consolation, I added the first service “Unlock_Car”. Please setup your PIN in the Android/IOS app first and then add the Pin in the options dialog of the component (under Home Assistant/Config/Integrations). Please keep in mind that this will work only if the unlock option is available in your Android/IOS app too.

here a button card configuration to integrate the service call in your frontend:

Not sure on how to get the vin? Click on one of your sensors. The vin is visible in the attributes.

4 Likes

First of all, thanks for updating, I am sure the connection will be more stable.
But the unlocking of the doors doesn’t work for me. To rule out, that something with my car is wrong, I tried unlocking it with the MB-App and that worked of course. If you need more details, just ask and I hope I can deliver.
Edit: I am an idiot! Sorry! I forgot to restart HA after putting the PIN into the Integration.

thank you for your great work Rene … all is working but i don’t have the attribute liquidconsumptionstart in odometer sensor. What i’m wrong!? in the app i see the value…i have w177.

I just had a problem getting a doorstatusoverall sensor to work. My problem was, that I wrote DoorStatusOverall and not doorStatusOverall. The way I found this out was that I looked in the messages folder and saw, that I need to make it a lowercase “d”. I now saw, that you have the correct names in your documentation. I took the spelling of the attributes from the lock sensor.

Is it possible for you to have 1 way of writing the attributes in the sensor? Because some only have the first letter uppercase and 2 have every words first letter uppercase. I think the best way to write it, would be like in the messages folder, but any other way is fine too, if it is consistent.

But as I already said in a different post, thank you so much for all your hard work!!!

Hi,

I’m not sure if I understand it right. Here some comments

1. I use the same naming style like the delivered data (the naming is not consistent)
  2. Please do not use the sensor card to get naming. HA is changing the first letter of an attribute from lower to upper-case in this view
  3. Please use the developer-tools/state page to get the real names of an attribute

BR
Rene

Thanks for the update. Opening the car seems to work as well. However, I do not like to have this PIN in the integration set-up options. Currently the button is on my Dashboard without any check. So disabling for now until someone has a nice way of doing this. great work!

You can take a look on https://github.com/iantrich/restriction-card for now.

I’ll try to implement a lock. Here we should have the option to enter a pin on unlock.

BR
Rene

3 Likes

Unfortunately, but thank you for taking the time to look at it!

The “unlock” function works! Just put the PIN in the Integration Page!

Hi,

I have pushed an update:

New Services

1. Doors_Lock
  2. Engine_Start (PIN required)
  3. Engine_Stop
  4. Sunroof_Open (PIN required)
  5. Sunroof_Close

Does someone has a car with REMOTE_START and can test the engine_start & stop Service?

Integration into system_health under Configuration/Info/System-Health

BR
Rene

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for sharing your great work! Can you please share the source for the graphic? Or do you know where to find it as transparent version (without the grey background color? Thanks in advance, Axel

The source of this graphic is a screenshot from my phone from the ME app and then I edited manually to erase the values… I am afraid there is no transparent version of this one.

Hi,

I have pushed an update:

Change: Switch from Pull to Push mode on state changes.
Benefit: Changes of the car state are visible near to realtime in the frontend (not waiting for 30sec update cycle anymore)

Fix: This solves the missing update of the devicetracker too.

BR
Rene

4 Likes

Maybe I’m doing something wrong. I’m not able to find the component in HACS.

HACS, Integrations, Custom repositories (three dots in uper right corner)

2 Likes

Hi,

you have to add this as a custom repo in HACS. As this is not a stable version and using inofficial APIs (right now), I have not pushed this into the official HACS repo list. (yet)

BR
Rene

That makes sense! Also thank you @Joca!

Maybe you could add that to the README for now?

1 Like

Hi, first of all thanks for the excellent work.

I’ve used the dashboard presented earlier but I’m not being able to get the data from windows, as it mentions that the entity windows_closed does not exists.

How can I get this information ?

chargingstatus = 2 means cable plugged in, but not charging

1 Like