Mercedes Me Component

Could never get into that state in the app. Is that when you have programmed a departure time?

I have external control on the plug. If I cut the power on the plug, but leave the cable plugged in, then status = 2.

I only tried the departure time once. As it had no effect on the charging start time, and the only effect of the departure time option was the pre-heating, I never used it again.

Strange, after charging my C300de it stays in chargingstatus 1 (charging finished).

Hi,

my GLC300de has switched back to 3 after pulling the cable.

CHARGING = 0
CHARGING_ENDS = 1
CHARGE_BREAK = 2
UNPLUGGED = 3

Grand: The link you shared contains the information I was looking for for a while. Couldnā€™t find it on developers.mercedes-benz.com for whatever reason.

Pulling the cable gives me UNPLUGGED = 3 as well. But Iā€™ve never ever seen CHARGE_BREAK = 2. FAILURE = 4 can be provoked by switching off the smart socket while charging.

Hello Rene,

Iā€™m still using the mbapipy version as I reside in the US. It had been working up until yesterday. If I enable debug I can see it connecting and pull values, but the values are not correct.

Here is a small snippet of the log file. Note my car is actually locked and the tank is full. Any idea what could be causing this? For the fun of it I removed/reinstalled the component and deleted the token_cache and it recreated everything but it is still pulling the same data. The app on the other hand is showing correct.

2021-01-14 09:01:52 DEBUG (SyncWorker_1) [custom_components.mercedesmeapi] Updating odometer
2021-01-14 09:01:52 DEBUG (SyncWorker_1) [custom_components.mercedesmeapi] Updated odometer 27855
2021-01-14 09:01:53 DEBUG (SyncWorker_7) [custom_components.mercedesmeapi] Updating warningcoolantlevellow
2021-01-14 09:01:53 DEBUG (SyncWorker_7) [custom_components.mercedesmeapi] Updated warningcoolantlevellow False
2021-01-14 09:01:53 DEBUG (SyncWorker_1) [custom_components.mercedesmeapi] Updating tanklevelpercent
2021-01-14 09:01:53 DEBUG (SyncWorker_1) [custom_components.mercedesmeapi] Updated tanklevelpercent 34
2021-01-14 09:01:53 DEBUG (SyncWorker_9) [custom_components.mercedesmeapi] Updating warninglowbattery
2021-01-14 09:01:53 DEBUG (SyncWorker_9) [custom_components.mercedesmeapi] Updated warninglowbattery False
2021-01-14 09:01:54 DEBUG (SyncWorker_10) [custom_components.mercedesmeapi] Updating lock
2021-01-14 09:01:54 DEBUG (SyncWorker_10) [custom_components.mercedesmeapi] Updated lock False

Hi @rmertz3282,

as you know, Iā€™m based in europe and have no US-cars - so itā€™s hard to answer. But we have seen this multiple times that the systems on MB side had some hick-ups and it took some days until the new data was available.

Other reason could be, that the US is switching to the EU app model with all the enhancements. Do you got a complete new app on your mobile phones?

Let me know, via private message, if you would like to share some details and I should startup my genymotion, burp, frida environment.

BR
Rene

Thank you for the feedback. I suspected it might be on the MB side as it stopped working yesterday afternoon. Iā€™ll give it a couple of days to see if it corrects itself. Iā€™m still using my original Mercedes Me Connect app which is on v3.0.1, released 2 weeks ago.

If it continues to fail Iā€™ll send you a PM on how we might collaborate.

1 Like

Hello i am in Canada and the old version of this add-on stopped working for e a few days ago and i am now looking into the new 2020 version. I have added it via HACS then integrations, entered in my email and then the 6 digit pin i was sent via email. But it is not finding my car within the integration. I have changed the locale to en-US as well, rebooted and nothing, is there something else i can try? thank you!

TOPIC: OLD MB Integration (mbapipy)

Hi, MB has changed the way how the US/CA apps login and therefore the old component does not work anymore.

Let me know, if someone would like to help with code. I can share some insights. The OAuth component of the old component has to be changed.

I have a 2021 C43 and Iā€™d love to use this if possible. Iā€™m wondering is this ever going to be accessible directly through Home assistant add-ons? I tried through add a repository and it wouldnā€™t work. I have not installed HACS as Iā€™m not sure if I have the full knowledge set to do that. Iā€™m sure I could learn but not sure Iā€™m willing to break anything right now. Thanks!

i have no plans to do that. The custom_component is just a hobby and gives me the chance to learn (HA, python, and some security tactics of mobile apps and APIs). And gives you the chance to learn some high-level HA topics. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Rene,

Iā€™m a happy user of your work for a while now, should you be in for feature requests then I think the pre-heating option for the battery will allow us to squeeze some extra mileage out of it.

I think it says interior pre-heating but when I picked the car up the salesman said it really was for the battery but havenā€™t tested that feature so far.

Thx!

I get it, and thanks for doing what others wonā€™t. Keep up the great work.

Hi,

I have added the initial support for North America to the mbapi2020 component.

IMPORTANT: I have no cars in the US. Therefore, I have tested the login only.

@rmertz3282, @iptvcld: Can you test this?

BR
Rene

1 Like

Iā€™m on it.

I installed the integration and was able to log in. Both of my cars came over as devices, no entities.

Lock service works. Unlock and remote start seem to have an issue with the pin.

Thanks, I have send you a private message.

Hi @jhhbe,

i have added the first services. You can start and stop preheating (immediately) now.

The other options like start at a given time will take a while.

BR
Rene
PS: In case of problems activate the debug mode to see all the ugly details.

1 Like

Regarding the PIN problem: You have to restart HA after a pin change. (yes, I have to change thisā€¦)