Mercedes Me Component

Good Day,

After the latest update to Home Assistant I did 2021.10.5 it is no longer working correctly. I only have now 3 attributes per vehicle, I have deleted and reinstall the component from HA and HACS but nothing happens. Anyone having the same symptoms?

Hi @Mtsuleman ,

please do not add the component multiple times. This will not work.

Please use the secondary driver option in the MBme portal. Login with your wifes account and invite your account as a second driver account. Accept the invite. Remove the wife-account from HA. Restart HA.

Afterthat, your account has access to the two cars and this is reflected in HA after the reboot.

BR
Rene

Hi @bahia122pr ,

do you see the other options in your MBme mobile app? Maybe your MB license-package has expired?

BR
Rene

Hi,

I canā€™t reproduce that. It could happen in case some other component is blocking the integration startup process. What MB related messages do you see in the log?

BR
Rene

Excellent. This worked great. Thank you.

I also have the interior lighting pack that can be changed to different colours via the car menu. Is there a way of being able to change the colour through this add-on. It would be great for instance to have the colour change dependant on triggers.

Excellent. This worked great. Thank you.

I also have the interior lighting pack that can be changed to different colours via the car menu. Is there a way of being able to change the colour through this add-on. It would be great for instance to have the colour change dependant on triggers.

1 Like

Hello there,

Iā€™m using the Mercedes Me component since the beginning and everything is working fine in HACS.

Iā€™m using also the HomeKit Integration from HACS which provide me the car lock in HomeKit.

But since I updated to the last version of HACS 10.6 (I was using 3.4) the car lock is not available in HomeKit.

Any idea ?

Thanks !

I have the issue that I canā€™t get HA integrations to see the custom component. Running HA 2021-10.6 in an HA OS installation on in a Synology VM. Installed HACS and have used HACS to successfully install another custom component. Add MercedesMe via HACS and restart (multiple times in fact) HA. When I look in the custom_components directory the mbapi2020 is there. However, if I then go to HA Configuration/Integrations and try to add it, it is not in the list of known integrations. I have searched and seen a few other folks with the issue but for them it sounds like it cleared after a restart of HA. Not for me. Any other things I am stupidly not trying? Thanks for any assistance.

ETA: Well I tried one additional thing that seems to have fixed it. I actually rebooted the VM that HA was running in. No idea why even a restart of HA didnā€™t fix but the reboot did, but for any future user with this issue it is one more thing to try.

Hi,
I configured preheat successfully and it works great. is it possible to check the current status of preheating

BR

Yep - itā€™s an attribute in the Range Electric entity

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping someone can help me. A few days ago I restarted home assistant and all of a sudden all my Mercedes me entities became unavailable. I updated HA and still nothing. I decided to remove the configuration and re add it. It shows up but has no entities. What am I doing wrong?

Take a look at this. You might have to unhide them.

Hi, This release should not have an impact. Iā€™m running my instances always against the latest dev code. And the this change would effect sensors with special entity categories only. I have no entities categories implemented yet.

@jackgithome : What is your region? Do you see the updates in your android/ios app? Enable the debug mode and check for errors, please?

Iā€™m based in the US. What do you mean do I see the updates in my android app? I just went in and oddly enough I now see 3 entities. 1 for auxheat, another for car, and the last for lock. No idea why only those are showing up.

Hi, this integration is using the same apis like the official mb apps. Therefore the question is if you see actual values in your mb android or iOS app. Very often itā€™s just a license problem. For example: in some countries you get only one or three years free access and after that you have to purchase a license package from MB (no Iā€™m not mb). Therefore please first check the official app first.

Question to all the other US users: do you have the same problem? My US test car shows data.

Thx
Rene (builder of this integration)

Yes, the car is less than 1 year old. Everything still works in my MB app.

Ok, could you please enable the debug mode (see the integration readme). Please share the logs. You can use a private message if you like. Sorry for the direct tone. Sitting in the planeā€¦

No worries. I added the logging to my configuration.yaml:

logger:
  default: warn
  logs:
    custom_components.mbapi2020: debug

I restarted and when I went into configuration, then logging, I didnā€™t see anything other than the templates I had setup erroring out because the entities arenā€™t showing.

Ok, I loaded the full logs and see all sorts of errors. How do I IM you the logs directly?

Click on my name and click it on send message. If the option is not available send it via email to ā€œremovedā€