Mercedes Me Component

I have published a new version 0.6.6.

• In case the MBAPI is not reachable on HA-start, the component will now retry to load in the background (reported in HA-Community)

Thanks to @Mastiff for reporting and testing the release in the last 14 days.

This is just a bugfix release, so still no option to change the interior lightning… (but yes, may car interior lights are changing already based on unread emails - I hate this feature :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Glad to help, and honestly I think I’m probably the only one, or at least one of the few that would ever have this problem. So thank you! :+1:

Is there a way to detect if a key is in or near the car? Or isn’t that the integration can find?

Hi @Mastiff , this is AFAIK not possible.

OK, thanks. It was worth a shot. It would make it easier with my ESPresense setup just to set it not to lock the car when a key was in it or near it.

Hi guys,

First of all, thanks @ReneNulschDE for creating, maintaining and making this integration evolves.
I’ve quite new to HA, yet I managed to have your Mercedes Me Component working properly, and it rocks.

I just can’t figure what the AuxHeat switch is supposed to do. When I’m trying to switch it on, it just get back to off after a few seconds.

Just to give some insights, I have a CLA Shooting Brake 250e, so, compatible with preheat (I’m actually doing it with the Mercedes Me App on iOS).
Log viewer is giving me this (I’ve anonymized the chassis number) :

2022-04-22 15:50:22 WARNING (MainThread) [custom_components.mbapi2020.client] Car action: AUXHEATSTART failed. error_code: RIS_COMMAND_UNAVAILABLE, error_message: Command is not supported in this vehicle

Any clue ?
Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Got some issues with this wonderful integration today.

Any ideas?

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: custom_components.mbapi2020.oauth
Source: custom_components/mbapi2020/oauth.py:243
Integration: MercedesME 2020 (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 16:36:43 (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:37:26

ClientError requesting data from https://id.mercedes-benz.com/as/token.oauth2: 400, message='Bad Request', url=URL('https://id.mercedes-benz.com/as/token.oauth2')

Nevermind. After deleting and reinstalling the integration is back on track.

I just had the same issue.

To fix it without a reinstall, I removed the .mercedesme-token-cache file (in the HA root folder) and restarted HA. It asked me to reauthenticate, and now it’s working again.

Good tip :ok_hand:

Hi @mpontie ,

thanks for the flowers. Just ignore AUX_HEAT switch. Your car has the preheat and not the aux_heat option. There is a HA-Service “MercedesME 2020: preheat_start” - you can integrate this service with a button or in automations for example.

Note to myself: Add the capability check to the switch…

And btw: For some cars the name preheat is misleading - preclimate would be better as it can cool down your car too…

Thanks @ReneNulschDE, and indeed, in french the name, is more like “pre-climate”.
Super cool feature actually.
I’ll get a switch to active the service then, thanks for the info.
Do not hesitate if you need to test anything in France on my CLA SB :slight_smile:

Hi Guys, Not hijacking the topic but more an addition. A couple of years ago I created this small card for this integration. Initial set-up is a bit tricky with all the Mercedes entities. SInce a couple of weeks I am using a new Dashboard for HA, and it is fully automatic and can be edited within the gui. Really nice. Another advantage is that it can use Blueprints for cards and more pages as well. Currently someone in the enthusiasts group (@Bourner) converted this Mercedes card to a Blueprint. Making it really easy to have this card up and running. I will keep you guys posted on this development. (link to the dashboard V3 is the one to use-> GitHub - dwainscheeren/dwains-lovelace-dashboard: An fully auto generating Home Assistant UI dashboard for desktop, tablet and mobile by Dwains for desktop, tablet, mobile

Also some screenshots. The template only needs the licence plate number to fill all the entities in the card currently (next to the installment of the excellent @ReneNulschDE Mercedesme integration). I will update you guys here when finished. If interested just join the discord of this dashboard

3 Likes

So, these guys at Dwains Dashboard moved fast. special thanks to @Bourner to make this possible. please have a look at Dwains Dashboard and have a look at this blueprint card. Talk to you guys later!

2 Likes

I have installed this component and configured it.
I can see that i have new sensors called sensor.my-registration-number_ and i can see info about my car here, so far so good.
Then i thought that it would be super nice to use the blueprint created for Dwains Dashboard, and I also got that “installed” but i can see that i have error on several sensors.
It seems that i dont have any sensors called sensor.car_ which the blueprint are trying to display. Im missing sensors called sensor.car_ for locked status, tyre pressure, windows and service info.

I do see the info for some of these as attributes, for example the tyre pressure. I can see its status under the sensor called binary_sensor.registrationnumber_tire_warning.

Any ideas anyone?

go back to the github link of the template @ dwains-dashboard-blueprints/card-blueprints/normal-cards/mercedes-card at main · dwainscheeren/dwains-dashboard-blueprints · GitHub

On the page click on:

YAML Code

Click here to show Template YAML Code

Some extra code to implement. Please let me know if it worked.

Its still the same, but im not sure i did it right.
I copied the new code and pasted it in to my configuration.yaml , thats correct?

Just received this email from Mercedes re their Developer API - not sure if this affects MMe2020:

Dear Customers, Dear Developers and Digital Enthusiasts,

An important rearrangement is coming up to you: we are about to renew our API management platform. With the new platform, we are positioning ourselves for the future and will be able to offer our services in an even more stable and secure manner.
What does this mean to you and your product subscriptions?
You will soon need to make changes to your applications/projects that use our API key and OAuth-protected products. This will require, for example, adjustments to the API and OAuth endpoints of your applications.

Our request: at the beginning of July 2022 we will send you precise instructions to ensure that your affected applications continue to work. Prepare to use the upcoming instructions, because after the migration phase, your today’s credentials will no longer be valid. That means you would loose access to these API products. So on your part, please plan some effort between the beginning of August and the beginning of November 2022.

Stay tuned for the upcoming instructions. We’ll get in touch.

I also got that e-mail and a assume it is connected to havin’ a devolper account here for having access to car images.

Hi, I got this message for my New-Api-Dev Account too. Let us wait for the details and let us hope that the MB Dev teams are not building new barriers.