Mercedes Me Component

I’ll have a look at that, thanks!

Hi,

With the latest HA version, you will see the following warning in the log:

Detected integration that uses deprecated async_get_registry to access device registry, use async_get instead. Please report issue to the custom component author for mbapi2020 using this method at custom_components/mbapi2020/

It’s fixed in the master branch since few days already. I’ll post an updated version after my vacation.

Greetings from Italy
Rene

3 Likes

@ReneNulschDE Now I don’t understand anything! I suddenly lost everything in the integration, it’s all unavailable. Except for the lock, which shows that the car is open and locked at the same time (locked padloc, but “lock” as the clickable word). Any idea what this can be? :open_mouth: It’s not the web connection, at the moment i have the OpenWrt with everyting open to the web.

I tried updating to the latest version, but that didn’t help. I deleted the integration and set it up again with the mail address and the Merceded code, but nothing came back. It was just all gone from the GUI as well after the new setup. On another Pi where I have it running there are no problems at all. I have updated everything, but I had it working after the Hass update and the Pi update, and suddenly it bailed on me.

Edit: I just restarted the other Hass where I had it working, and suddenly it was all dead there too. Does this mean that it’s a problem with Mercedes’ servers? It’s weird because before I restarted, it followed the charging of the car, so it had contact before the reboot.

@ReneNulschDE Must have been a glitch in the Mercedes servers, because it suddenly came back. Phew… :grin:

1 Like

Yeah I experienced the same issue last night :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

And I of course considered it a problem in my setup since I had been working on the system… But it turned out to be correlation, not causation. Much like the drowning in simming pools and Nicolas Cage movies correlation… :rofl:

1 Like

Is there a setting that the Integration uses the device name as prefix for entitys

So for example instead:
Sensor.odometer
Sensor.glc400.odometer

(Device name: glc400)
?

Hi @thesebastianf

Unfortunately, this is not available. Current Implementation is license-plate_sensorname. In case lic-plate is not available then the vin/fin is used as lic-plate.

You can overwrite the naming with standard ha customization functions. See: Customizing entities - Home Assistant

well both sounds ok actually,
but is just did not use any of that for me as standard.

this is how it looks for me not manually editing anything:

so with what I learned from your answer.
I added a string for the lic plate in the mb me app …
deleted the integration, readded … and voila now the string is actually used as prefix.

so I am fine now :slight_smile:
but the VIN was definately not used despite the lic plate was blank before.

Hi @thesebastianf ,

thanks for the detailed info and feedback. I have checked the code again and in case the licenseplate is just a space (" ") then your described scenario can happen. I have changed the code and the fix will be part of the next release.

Thx again
BR
Rene

Hi there,

From previous releases, the Outside temperature used to be with Odometer. I used this value to decide whether to switch on the Pre-Heater. Its now gone and I cant seem to find a replacement.

eqc_outside_temp:    
        friendly_name: "EQC Outside temp"
        value_template : '{{ state_attr("sensor.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_odometer", "outsideTemperature") }}'
        unit_of_measurement: '°C'

Is there a new field? … I did notice ‘TemperaturePoints’ in the JSON message reply- and it lists ‘FrontLeft’ and ‘FrontRight’

Richard

Thanks for this wonderful Component!
I can confirm it to be working in India (IN).

Ciao

Hi, why is my integration no longer working?
this is the error, what can i do? Thank you

"Nuovo tentativo di configurazione: 400, message=‘Bad Request’, url=URL(‘https://id.mercedes-benz.com/as/token.oauth2’)

hi,
I have the same message…my integration is no longer working. I am living in France

Hi,

Just checked my system in Germany and it is working fine. Could you please enable the debug mode and share some details about your setup, version and so on? Or just reboot, sometimes the MB servers have hickup too.

BR
René
PS: looks like that this happens when I‘m on vacation. So greetings from Corsica and please expect a slightly slower answer rate in the next 3 weeks

2 Likes

hi Rene,
thanks for your answer. here a capture of my screen

the entity is no longer provided by the component mbapi2020.
i have activated the logger but how to give you the results ? Sorry for my bad english.
regards

I installed this a few days ago and it works great!

The only control I have is the lock but that might be due to restrictions in Sweden. It would be fun to be able to start the car or start the diesel heater.
All sensors works and reports just fine.

I have integrated this into my leaving automation. Push a button in the hall unlocks the front door, opens the garage door, and now unlock the car door, when the ultrasonic sensor sens that the car is out of the garage it closes the carnage door and then arm the alarm.

Im loving this! :slight_smile:

Hi @ktd ,

Thx for the feedback. There is a HA Service to start the AuxHeater.

BR
Rene

@ReneNulschDE
Hi Rene,
I uninstalled and reinstalled the component and now all is ok. Thank you very much for your component.
Best regards.

1 Like