Mercedes Me Component

That was a super fast reply :slight_smile:

If the DEV version does not break anything and you would like someone else to test it let me know

I really like this project! I was trying to search if itā€™s possible to send an address over the api but couldnā€™t find anything. Is it?

Thanks for developing!

Hello

Nice work!

I would have reused your yaml shared code, but I guess you forgot the picture_button template whose you declare in your sample.

Could you enrich your post ?

Thank you in advance

Hi Jan,

please check the thread entry:

BR
Rene

1 Like

Sure thing.

picture_button:
  aspect_ratio: 1/1
  show_state: true
  size: 70%
  styles:
    card:
      - border-radius: 15px
    custom_fields:
      s2:
        - justify-self: start
        - margin-left: 10%
        - padding-bottom: 5%
        - font-size: 10pt
    label:
    name:
      - font-weight: bold
    state:
      - font-size: 10pt

Thanks a lot for this integration. Just discovered it and installation and some dashboard was super easy. Now I finally can activate the aux heating via HA, hooray!

One thing, that was my main reason to even look up potential HA integration for my Mercedes, is about the status of the trunk. The standard Mercedes key likes to open the trunk when it got somehow pressed in my pockets without my knowledge.

I can see a lock sensor (come sback with ā€œ2ā€ currently - what does that mean?) and window sensors.

Any idea how to retrieve the status of the trunk to get me alarmed when itā€™s open? Itā€™s a shame that the original iPhone app canā€™t do that.

Thanks so much!

I recognize this :slight_smile:

It is an atrribute called decklid i think

2 Likes

Could you share your YAML code for this sensor?

I now found the same list as in your screenshot but canā€™t get it shown in the dashboard, it tells me that the sensor name is not found.

Thanks a lot!

This is an atribute. Here a template string {{state_attr("sensor.XXX_lock", "decklidstatus")}} Replace XXX with your value

1 Like

i donā€™t know if somebody else did this already. i created an automation which triggers 30 min in advance of a gcal event and sends the route of the event to the car:

2 Likes

To achieve the next level: include waze travel time and send the route at the right time :slight_smile: just joking

1 Like

Awesome, thatā€™s a fantastic starting point for my planned automation: check the address of the next event in my cal. If thatā€™s more than x km away from my position and Iā€™m at home and itā€™s less than 10 degrees Celsius, start the carā€™s aux heat 30 mins before the planned time to leave.

Way to go :slight_smile:

1 Like

i changed the API (to geoapify), i updated the reddit post.

short heads-up: Looks like the MB servers are sending multiple data updates per second currently. started around 8:45pm. A restart of HA helped to get it normal state again. You can see this in the frontend: The status of the mb sensors are flipping between unavailable and the current value.

Hello @ReneNulschDE

I have just noticed that the field ā€œrangeliquidā€ has disappeared in the odometer.

is it a mistake ?

Thank you in advance

Hi,

please check the release notes (or here) for version 0.8.0. The attribute rangeliquid was moved to a new sensor.

BR
Rene

Perfect !!
I did not read it although I checked your repository : my bad !
Thank a lot for you work

Since today in the morning my integration is not working anymore, it says ā€œunavailableā€ for all my entities and devices.

The error logs show the following:

Logger: homeassistant.components.switch
Source: custom_components/mbapi2020/switch.py:40
Integration: Schalter (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 06:11:33 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 07:36:03

Error while setting up mbapi2020 platform for switch
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 289, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/config/custom_components/mbapi2020/switch.py", line 40, in async_setup_entry
    getattr(car.features, value[5]),
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'AUXHEAT_START'

Nothing changed during the time, yesterday evening everything worked out well? :open_mouth: Someone else got the same error? Thanks loads in advance!

Hi, I have this too for one of my cars. started at 6:10am CET. I assume its a problem on MB server side. Lets wait few hours. I assume they will restart some services :wink:

BR
Rene

1 Like

Good morning,

thanks for confirming it is not me alone xD Thanks! Lets see and wait - though the MB App is working fine as of now. Strange ā€¦ ā€œThe best or nothingā€ :wink: