Mercedes Me Component

Hi, I have this switch on my task list for so long… Let me check if I can add a native switch with the next release.

I have done the switch using momentary switch

and automation so it works now :slight_smile:

Hello,

I added a pin even trayed to disable capabilities.

But in controls I got only Unlock. Why do I not have All other controls showing up ? Thanks

Hi, the other topics are not implemented as switches or buttons. Take a look on the HA services - you can find there all the services to interact with your car.

ReneNulschDE - this is a fantastic integration. Thanks for your efforts.

While the sensors are working perfectly (screenshot attached), I’m having difficulty with the services. For example, using the dev tools > services screen, I select “MercedesME 2020: Doors unlock,” and enter the VIN and PIN. The green check mark appears but the doors don’t unlock. Suggestions?

Update: turned on debugging. Issue was user error. Now working.

1 Like

Hi,

Please check the home assistant logfile and share the error message.

Hints:
you con store the pin in the options of the component
Make sure that you use the exact writing of your VIN/FIN (uppercase)
Share infos about your region too

BR
Rene

Yes, I did this and updated the post to say that I identified my mistake. The log file was helpful. Thanks.

Does anyone have a good graphic for an EQE (saloon, not SUV) please? :slight_smile:
Excellent integration by the way, absolutely love it!

Hvordan finder jeg denne fil?

Backup and Restore

• In case of problems after a restore of Home Assistant, please delete the file .mercedesme-token-cache in your HA-config folder and restart HA

The file is stored in the config folder if you home assistant installation. Without other infos about your system it’s impossible to guess where it is.

You can use the last option in the configure dialog of the integration to delete the file too

Hello! I’ve been using the integration for a few weeks now, and wanted to thank you for your work — it’s great! It’s one of the things that really made me go “whoa, HA really can do pretty much anything”.

I had one quick question: above, I see some discussion of a geofencing sensor, but I can’t see that sensor in HA even though I’m running the latest version of the integration (0.9.3) and it looks like the sensor was introduced in 0.7.2. Any ideas what could be going on?

Thx. Can you share a link to the post? What do you want to achieve? You can create zones in HA and then add automations that react on zone enter/leave. Please describe it more in detail - then we can check to different options.

Update: if you want to use the geofencing sensor of this integration, you have to setup and activate the geofences in your MB mobile app. After you saw the events in the app restart your HA and the geofencing sensor should become available.

After you saw the events in the app restart your HA and the geofencing sensor should become available.

Thanks, that was it! Works great now :slight_smile:

Hi, thank you very much for this component!!
I’m working on a (very hacky) way to do some kind of intelligent charging (only when solar gives more than my home needs) - is there a way to SET max_state_of_charge from inside HA? Alternatively, is it possible to set a charging profile?

Best, Patrick

Hi Patrick,

There is a HA Service „MBAPI2020.Battery_max_soc_configure“ to set the max-SOC. Charging profile selection is not possible yet.

1 Like

@ReneNulschDE Great integration and thanks for the great work!

I have a question: Is there any way to show the current inside temperature of the car?

I don’t think so - afaik it is not even possible in the official app

1 Like

Hi Rene, great integration. Sensors and e.g. unlock/lock works great.
As mentioned above by other users, the integration with EQV seems to have issues with preheating.
I face the same issues.

2023-09-17 14:08:25.755 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.mbapi2020.client] Start _process_assigned_vehicles
2023-09-17 14:08:25.756 WARNING (MainThread) [custom_components.mbapi2020.client] Car action: PRECONDSTART failed. error_code: CMD_FAILED, error_message: Command failed. Normally, there should be additional business errors detailing what exactly went wrong
2023-09-17 14:08:25.757 WARNING (MainThread) [custom_components.mbapi2020.client] Car action: PRECONDSTART failed. error_code: 4051, error_message: None
2023-09-17 14:08:25.758 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.mbapi2020.client] apptwin_command_status_updates_by_vin: 24
2023-09-17 14:08:29.259 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.mbapi2020.websocket] Got notification: assigned_vehicles
2023-09-17 14:08:29.264 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.mbapi2020.websocket] Got notification: apptwin_pending_command_request

I can send you detailled Logs, if needed.
Would be really cool if you can find a solution!

Hmm, I integrated this according the documentation, seems to work, but … I somehow missing the “right” car. The integration is only showing my A-Class 180D (W169), which does not have sensors. But my B-Class 200D (WD247) is not shown:

The Android app, where I also set the PIN, is only showing the B-Class and not knowing about the A-Class. What’s wrong with me?

My 2020 A35 has an interior temp sensor that is shown in the app when remote start is active.
although I still can’t find an attribute linked to it in HA.