Mercedes Me Component

Thanks for tutorial. This script downloads all the images to the selected folder according to the set parameters. The limit is 5 calls… so you can set for one folder all car images with background, another call for images without background etc. :love_you_gesture:

Correct. What I don’t know for sure, if you start the script a second time without changing the parameters, will that generate new ImageIds (even though its the same images), and hence counting for two calls?

Each script execution is counted as a call. But I think it is possible to re-generate a new api key on the web :sweat_smile: :rofl:

That won’t reset the 5 calls.

Sorry if I have missed something obvious but I have poured through mutiple threads to no avail.

Some weeks ago the Mercedes Me integration stopped working, I assume that it was due to Mercedes removing the Bring Your Own Car functionality, at least in the UK.

I have removed the integration and started again from scratch but now get Unknown Error Occurred on setting up the integration. The log shows this:
This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: custom_components.mbapi2020.oauth
Source: custom_components/mbapi2020/oauth.py:224
Integration: mbapi2020 (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12 June 2024 at 13:37:28 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 18:13:59

ClientError requesting data from https://bff.emea-prod.mobilesdk.mercedes-benz.com/v1/login: 418, message=“I’m a teapot”, url=URL(‘https://bff.emea-prod.mobilesdk.mercedes-benz.com/v1/login’)

I see that the web interface has gone and the developer portal now demands business access with payment.

Have I got to give up on this in the UK?

Android App still works ok but I think the GUI has changed on that too.

I appreciate the effort and especially software engineering which has gone into this. Fair play to you all and especially Rene!

Hi, Just update to the latest version of the component and reauthenticate if needed…

there is a way to send the pin by script ?
I want to open/lock with siri. I have created a script to expose it to HomeKit, but pin is required and I don’t know if I can sent the pin into the script.

You could configure the PIN in the options of your Hub/account. Then this pin is used by all services that require a pin.

What do you mean by hub ?
Right now I have home assintant with home kit. And there are a Mercedes me integration that prompt a pin when I try to lock/unlock the car.

You are saying there is a place where I can define a default pin that will be used in Mercedes me integration?

On the integration page for the mbapi2020 component, you’ll find the list of your accounts/hubs:

Click on the “Configure” link of the relevant account/hub and add your security pin.

Click on “Save”. The relevant Account/Hub gets reloaded automatically.

1 Like

Thank you so much. :heart_eyes::muscle:t2:

Thank you! My knowledge of Docker is somewhat lacking and the HA version (stable) did not support the latest Merc version. I have learnt a lot today!!

I am now going to try to get the Mercedes card to work.

Can you share some more insights? Normally, I test all new releases with the last 3 HA versions and the next version.

My lack of knowledge is letting me down again! I cannot work out how to find out the last stable release on ghcr.io.

I am pretty sure it was from last year as it started with 2023.

Sorry.

OK, no problem. 2023 is more than 3 months ago :slight_smile: - All good.

Hi there, is there a list for the different status codes for sensor.CAR-ID_car?

This is just a “senseless” counter (Messages received from the MB API). The attributes of this sensor are more important as I save the result of the service calls there.

I just use this counter internally in my dev process to send an alarm message to my iphone if the counter has not changed in the last x hours. This indicates API changes on the MB-side…

3 Likes

Thanx for the clarification

Hi, is there any way to find my MB car geo location from MercedesMe integration?

device_tracker.XXX_device_tracker

Replace XXX with your cars registration, then look into its attributes.

For a mini-map including tracking, @ReneNulschDE shared the following card:

type: map
entities:
  - entity: device_tracker.XXX_device_tracker
hours_to_show: 96
default_zoom: 14
theme_mode: auto
1 Like