Mercedes Me Component

Just an information if someone is using my custom card. I have released a new version with some changes, added the possibility to configure for individual sub cards using the invidual code editor. It helps for better clarity in the code. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, that is super easy. I have found attributes of entity very useful.

I have published a new Pre-Release “v0.16.0-beta.1 - Sunroof lift, Max soc for charging programs, HA Core changes, Cleanup”. Would be great if some of you can test it.

New:

• New service sunroof_tilt to tilt/lift the sunroof (Pin setup required) (Thanks @es-que)
  • The service max_soc_configure has a optional parameter for the charging program now (Thanks @josephdouce)
  • New sensor “tirewarningsdk” - @m0uH could you check this? This is for the Smarts or older cars. possible values
    NO_WARNING = 0
    SOFT_WARNING = 1
    LOW_PRESSURE = 2
    DEFLATION = 3
    UNKNOWN = -1

Breaking changes:

• The attributes “rangeelectric”, “chargingPower” are removed from the “soc”-sensor as they are available as sensors. (Thanks @Thomas55555 )
  • The attributes “electricconsumptionstart”, “electricconsumptionreset”, “soc”, “chargingPower” are removed from the “rangeElectricKm”-sensor as they are available as sensors. (Thanks @Thomas55555)

Others:

• Some changes to be inline with HA 2024.07
  • Frontend translation for the chargeflap[a/d]cstatus sensors
3 Likes

Installed and no issues so far. Did not try much, but everything looks good :+1:

Thanks a lot for all the effort you do!

1 Like

Sunroof tilt works, as well as the max. SoC for a specific charge program.

1 Like

Thank you for the hard work on this :slight_smile: I’ve a smart fortwo EQ PT and it works – it doesn’t have as much sensors list like tesla but has most of what I need <3

Feature request:

• In Smart EQ app I used to have a Climate Trigger option that would turn on AC for 5 min and put it on the desired cabin temperature – the application is now broken and they never ended fixing it, wondering if we are able to workaround using directly their API for this – I’m happy to help in any way I can :pray:

Thank you!

Hi Luis,

could you check if the HA-service mbapi2020.preheat_start works for your car? This service starts the preconditioning for the MB cars…

Component translation

You can now help to translate the component into the different local languages. See here for more details: Mbapi2020/Main @ Hosted Weblate

Thanks for your support…

1 Like

That’s great, I’ll definitely add some translations for Czech :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Add Portuguese (PT-PT) and I will translate those :slight_smile:

I will try the mbapi2020.preheat and let you know!

1 Like

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: custom_components.mbapi2020.client
Source: custom_components/mbapi2020/client.py:1000
integration: MercedesME 2020 (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:02:20 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:02:20

Can’t start PreCond for car W1A45XXXXXXXX1014. VIN unknown or feature not availabe for this car.

:confused:

Disable the capability check in the component and try again. If this does not work. Send me an email [email protected] and we can discuss offline.

Done. Thx Rene

Is there a style guide for translations?
Ie. what some standard words/phrases should be translated to?

I have published a new release:
v0.16.0 - Sunroof lift, Max soc for charging programs, Cleanup

New:

• New service sunroof_tilt to tilt/lift the sunroof (Pin setup required) (Thanks @es-que)

• The service max_soc_configure has an optional parameter for the charging program now (Thanks @josephdouce)

• New sensor “tirewarningsdk”, Esp. for Smart-cars or older MB-cars.

NO_WARNING = 0
    SOFT_WARNING = 1 
    LOW_PRESSURE = 2
    DEFLATION = 3

Breaking changes:

• The attributes “rangeelectric”, “chargingPower” are removed from the “soc”-sensor as they are available as sensors. (Thanks @Thomas55555 )
  • The attributes “electricconsumptionstart”, “electricconsumptionreset”, “soc”, “chargingPower” are removed from the “rangeElectricKm”-sensor as they are available as sensors. (Thanks @Thomas55555)
  • The load mechanism of the component on HA-startup was changed. In the past, the component was loaded outside of the HA-startup environment. The result was that for the first 3-6 seconds the sensor went to unknown. Now, the component is loaded in a way that the last values are available until the states are available. Whenever you have automations/scripts in place that are dependent on that “old”-procedure you need to be adjust these.

Others:

• Some changes to be inline with the upcoming HA 2024.07 release
  • Frontend translation for the chargeflap[a/d]cstatus sensors

Translations:

You can improve the translations of the other languages with the translation tool webplate. I will extend the translatable sensors/attributes/values in the next releases.

3 Likes

Updated to v0.16.0 and set up the integration again with my mobile number instead of email address. It keeps loading (after entering the code received via text message), ends with an error and does not set up.
Thinking it was because of using phone instead of email I tried again with my email but had the same issue. I downgraded to v0.15.0 (with the failed integration still listed) and restarted HA: it showed as configured correctly. Removing and adding it again went perfect on 0.15.0 as well. Will update to 0.16.0 again with debug logs enabled and report back.
FYI, I currently tested it with an mercedes me account that had no vehicles linked. On the previous version it just works, no devices listed but no errors either; new version just fails to set up. (I’m on HA 2024.7).

Hi, Accounts with no cars will show this behavior - as the MB-websocket will never report cars back. Please use a normal account with cars.

Good to know, I guess this is because of the changed load mechanism? As said before it worked perfectly on the previous version.

Correct. I need to find a solution for this until v0.16.1

Hey, everybody, quick update. A new version of the card has been released. :tada: You can now remotely control the car directly from the card. This includes all available services from the integration, including the new sunroof service. :point_down:

4 Likes