Mi Smart Pedestal Fan

After setting up the smartfi fan I’d recommend not to support Xiaomi as they’re intentionally and without any benefit making it hard for people to integrate their hardware into open systems like homeassistiant. There is no need for pairing over their could or for changing that token on every change.

I cannot install HACS after updated Home Assistant to 0.110 release !

I got an error at the configuration step https://hacs.xyz/docs/configuration/basic

It’s loading 2 minutes and in log i can see this error.

Please help

Fixed after retrying several times

What did you exactly allow?

When denying all internet traffic it disconnects every 15 min. It seems to reconnect but I had situations when the fan was not accessible from home assistant.

Port 53/UDP to 1.1.1.1 (my dns as given out by the router)

Hi everyone using this integration if you upgrade to 0.109.0 or higher the python-miio dependancy of the core component was updated to "python-miio>=0.5.0.1", this shouldn’t effect the custom_components also using this dependancy but I found 2 of the custom_components using it were causing issue for the core entities using it (for me vacuum) to resolve this i updated the manifest.json files in each custom_component to this "python-miio>=0.5.0.1" and it resolved my issue.

Is it possible that you explain how you do this? You do it in you router or with additional Tools?
In my router I can only to block the internet for the device. It would be really helpful since my rice cooker also have that problem.
Thanks

Navigate to your custom_components folder
config\custom_components\xiaomi_miio_fan
then update the manifest.json file line 9 to the following
"python-miio>=0.5.0.1"

Thank you for the fast answer, but I was wondering about the internet block without DNS block.
Sorry I should have been more clear.

I keep getting “Platform xiaomi_miio_fan not ready yet”. How do I fix this?

1 Like

I have the za3 and initially had filters enabled in the router. But since the fan always loses the wifi connection, I deactivated these filters again. Nevertheless I have to restart the fan every hour to get it connected to the wifi again. Did anyone else have this problem?

You might need a more advanced router.
I’m using a Ubiquiti Edgerouter X which has those option available from the WebUI.

Perhaps you could also try running a DNS-server in your local LAN. And use that in your router. Might work the same. Haven’t tested it though.

Ok thank you. I’m running AdGuard and blocking all the Xiaomi Adresse and also I block the internet access for the devices on my Asus Merlin Router. With this setup the fan goes offline all the time. I will try to allow the Xiaomi Domains in AdGuard but still block the traffic and see what happens. There is also the option to give back a custom reply for the DNS requests from certain clients, that could also work, but I don’t know what to give back.

Have you ever tested the fan without blocks before? I have found out that if I connect the fan to the wifi without filters/blocks, it still loses the connection every half hour and only reconnects after a restart.
I’m just not sure why. Maybe the device is malfunctioning.

No I didn’t test it.

Maybe its possible to have an automaton to ping the fan ever 10 min, or change the child mode on and off again.

Hello, does this also work for the Xiaomi mi fan C1 ?

With kind regards,
JH

I currently own the 1C, it does not seem to function with the current integration. The 1C has the id: dmaker.fan.1c and it’s token CAN be found. However, it only connects to European server in Mi Home App and the version 5.4.49 of the app does not seem to be able to actually control the device (even though it does display it). Inside the (up to date Mi Home) app the 1C, or the physical buttons, only have the following options:
rotate on/off (not to a specific angle),
Speed1,2,3 or off (not 0-100),
Direct breeze vs night mode (constant flow or a bit fluctuating, applies to the different speed levels),
lastly it has timer functionality.

I have no idea how hard it would be to add this to the integration. I would love to help out if needed. Bought my unit at the MiStoreBenelux online retailer, perhaps other retailers offer a china mainland version, I am not sure about that.

1 Like

Any Updates on this? There are mqtt Scripts available, but this really would be Overkill

I´m on the 1C bandwagon too :slight_smile: That thing was in a few deals over the past few days and I bought two. Would be great if anyone would have a solution.