Midea A/C and ESPHome component - list of all known working models and manufacturers

That’s perfect!

1 Like

2018 EU/Sweden QLIMA SC-JA2516

1 Like

Brand: Electrolux
Model: EACS/I-09HAT/N3
Year: 2020
Market: RU

1 Like

Same as @paddy0174 ;
Olimpia Splendid Nexa S4E 2019 EU (Netherlands)

1 Like

Electrolux EACS/I-12HAT/N3

1 Like

I’ve got 3 devices:

Brand: Pioneer
Model: WYS18
Year: 2021
Market: US

Brand: Toshiba
Model: RAC-WK0812ESCWRU
Year: 2019

Brand: Midea
Model: MAW08V1QWT

Only issue I’m having is that ECO mode turns off when changing temps via ESPHome.

1 Like

Brand: Midea
Model: MSAFB-12HRDN1-QC2
Year: 2018
Market: ZA

The model number is of the indoor unit. I suppose the indoor unit is the important part here, but just in case the outdoor unit is relevant, it is MOBA30-12HDN1-QC2.

1 Like

I followed the dev thread on Telegram, and it seems that is how it’s supposed to work…

Manufacture ,Model, Year , Region,Notes
MrCool DIY ,DIY-18-WMAH-HP-230A,2019,US, flash and plug and play with Sergey’s Dongle
Alpine Air “Blueridge”,BM18MCD,2020,US, requires the wifi Smart Pod for dongle.
Alpine Air “Blueridge”, BM12MCCG,2020,US, requires the wifi Smart Pod for dongle.

Special note on the wifi “SMARTPODS”
You need to initialize the original smartkit dongle to send a wakeup string to the pod.
Once that happens the light will turn on the pod indicating it’s listening. the far left you can see the white LED i’m talking about.

With the light on. you can simply swap out for the Midea Dongle and it will start working.

All Works well, no major issues… Thanks all for your effort in making this possible!

Special notes:
I’m going to see if I can capture the wakeup string to include in the project and possibly avoid this step.
Had to take my board out of the Pod to get the dongle to fit. working on a 3d Printable case for it to go into. will update once that’s available.

1 Like

Brand: IDEA
Model: ISR-09HR-MA0-DN1
Market: UA
Remarks: Power usage sensor not works. Also works eco-mode.

1 Like

I followed the dev thread on Telegram, and it seems that is how it’s supposed to work…

That makes no sense though. It doesn’t do that with the IR remote and I’m fairly sure it didn’t with the Midea app as well, although it’s been a while since I’ve used it.

Does it have to make sense?
The manual is a bit vague about it

But devs are still discussing/arguing how it should work exactly…

Brand: Comfee
Model: MSAFA-09HRN1-QC2

1 Like

Brand: Comfee
Model: SIRIUS-12E IU
Year: 2018
Market: IT

1 Like

Brand: Toshiba
Model: RAS-24J2AVSG-E
Market: GR

1 Like

Midea Mission MB09N8D6 (EU Market) works nice with the component.

1 Like

Manufacturer: Royal Clima
Model: Triumph Inverter
Model ID: RCI-TM09HN

No issues.

2 Likes

I can confirm the following unit also works:
Manufacturer: Midea
Model: Mission Pro
Market: EU
Model ID: MSMBAU-09HRFN8

I also had two 2021 units installed this week. Will confirm later if these work as well once I receive the dongles for those.
I raised an issue on the repo of reneklootwijk to reflect this as well

1 Like

Brand: Mitsui
Model: MTXD12HP24

2 Likes

Confirmed:
Manufactured: Inventor
Model: Supreme
Year: 2021(?)
Model ID: SVI32-09WFI

Had to upload the sketch, delete the esphome yaml and add it again to work. If I didn’t, it wouldn’t get a response. With a d1 mini, logic converter and uart on pins 4&5(D1&D2)

2 Likes