Midea A/C and ESPHome component - list of all known working models and manufacturers

Manufacturer: Midea
Model: MAE-24N8D6
Year: 2022-2023 (Probably)
Market: Georgia, Bulgaria, Greece (maybe others too, idk)

A/C works with SLWF-01pro dongle.
Only issue is that humidity sensor is not reporting

A/C also has thermal sensor, it detects thermal footprint of a person and does not directly blow to that spot (if it’s configured). It would be great to have ability to use this thermal sensor in HA for a presence detection.

1 Like

Manufacturer: Qlima
Model: SCM52 Duo Airconditioner
Year: 2024
Market: Netherlands

A/C + heating works with SLWF-01pro dongle.

Some minor things don’t work like power usage and humidity sensor. Also the temperature sensor only registers the temperature from the outside units, not the inside temperature. But I have other sensors for that so it’s not needed

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Need help with Manufacturer: Galactic Model: GKZ09HM-S

Why Bosch Climate 5000i isn’t supported yet?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Midea branded AC’s with ESPhome (no cloud)

Work fine.

Brand: Ballu
Model: BSPKI-24HN8_24Y
Market: RU

1 Like

Brand: Bryant
Model: 619AHB
Market: US

I am using the SMARTLIGHT SLWF-01pro (v1.1) and everything is working well except the 2 IR only features.

It looks like Smartlight just released their v2.1 version though: Air conditioner Wi-Fi module for Midea, Idea, Neoclima, Electrolux, Beko and many more. Model SMARTLIGHT SLWF-01pro (v.2.1)

1 Like

Brand: Midea
Model: Paramount
Model ID: MSAG1-07HRN1

Brand: Midea
Model: Paramount
Model ID: MSAG1-12HRN1

Work fine

1 Like

Brand: Bosch
Model: Climate 5000i (CL5000iU W 26 E)
Year: 2022
Market: UA

1 Like

Brand: Kentatsu
Model: KSGB26HFAN1

1 Like

Brand: Comfee
Model: MPPH-08CRN7
Market: DE

1 Like

Brand: Pioneer
Model: CB018GMFILCFHD
Market: US

Requires “Pioneer Smart-WiFi Wired Wall Thermostat Kit for CYB, UYB, and RYB systems”, TST-LCACWIFIKP, which appears to be the Midea WF-60A1. I used the smartlight.me module, but had to trim the “USB” connector on the module and cut away a significant part of the housing to get everything to fit.

2 Likes

Brand: Bosch
Model: Climate 2000 - CL2000 35 E (indoor unit) / CL2000U W 35 E (outdoor unit)
Market: IT

There is no doubt my unit is a classic Midea, 2023/24 design with Info displayed via LED on the cover of the indoor unit and with the white, long remote controller with orange back-light.

Just today, arrived the SMARTLIGHT SLWF-01pro (v.2.1) that i order from Aliexpress with a proper cable. The setup was pretty straight forward, after giving the IoT Wifi to the stick, and setup a static IP, i quickly download the docker version of HA on my unRAID NAS, quick setup, add a new device, selected ESP Home and done.

It works pretty well. But, i was expecting to see more function compared to the remote, i was thinking that having a basic model, just mean that some function could be not visible on the remote but working or available on the mini split, because i noticed that the mainboard are almost all the same between models.
For example, i don’t see the humidity sensor, i don’t see the power draw, i can’t use the Boost/ECO mode.
But maybe, there is something from with my HA setup. I would try more setup in future.

I was mostly curious to see if my mini split was compatible too with the ESP Home key.

1 Like

Brand: Ballu Discovery
Model: BSVI-09HN8

1 Like

Just wanted to confirm this is also working with my Samsung 3.5kW aircon-unit.

Brand: Samsung
Model: AR12TXHQASIXEU (AR35 12000 BTU)
Market: EU

Using the ESPhome controller USB wifi adapter - SLWF-01pro (v.2.10)(Air conditioner Wi-Fi module for Midea, Idea, Neoclima, Electrolux, Beko and many more. Model SMARTLIGHT SLWF-01pro (v.2.1))

I didn’t manage to get the toggle buttons working (Display Toggle & Swing Step). Also the following sensors are not available/showing:

• Indoor Humidity
  • Power Usage
  • Uptime Days

Even shows the WiFi symbol:

1 Like

Hey, i also would like to get some more photos or atleast instructions as how to open up the unit. I tried removing all the screws i could see but was still not able to open it up.
@redpersian Did you ever get a reply or figure it out on your own?

Edit: i found a diffrent post from him in another thread with pictures and a guy describing how to open the Midea Real Cool 35.

Take off all visible screws of the AC unit and then pull on the back. its held in by clips and they are strong, takes a bit of force to remove. Then the Rest is pretty easy. The USB is near the top of the front, roughly where the midea logo is. i just tilted the front a bit and switched the usb sticks.

Manufacturer: Midea Comfee
Model: Eco Friendly Pro
Year: 2019 (PCB date 2018)

A monoblock mobile unit that comes without WiFi.

It doesn’t have the pseudo USB, but a 4-pin JST XH 2.54 connector on the display PCB:

It is not necessary to get the display PCB out. The Wifi connector is accessible after removing the rear housing of the unit. It might be hidden under a grey foam sticker.

Manufacturer: Mirage
Model: InverterX EMC181J
Market: US/MX

Manufacturer: Kaisai
Model: Eco
Year: probably 2020
Outdoor unit: KEX-12KTCO
Indoor unit: KEX-12KTCI

Everything works except indoor humidity and power usage.

Brand: Samsung
Model: AR09TXHQASIN
using esp8266 esp12f (“hw580b” board)
reports outdoor temp