Midea A/C and ESPHome component - list of all known working models and manufacturers

Did you check this thread?

We all started there, me including, some more info provided there. If you need something more, please reply in there, we can shed more light on it.

Thanks, I did check that thread and posted in there, I’m still not sure what options I have. I’m not that technical with soldering and all that, I also don’t want to mess the unit up, so I’m looking for a solution which I can add the dongle without affecting the MrCool unit.

I updated my original post with more photos and new yaml code, as there was an update to the ESPHome component in the meantime. It is all external, no modifications to the AC unit, but you need posses some soldering and electronics skill in order to create what I did. There might be some other solutions available to you if you look around. Don’t know how to help more…

1 Like

Thank you, I will take a look, appreciate it!

Manufacturer: Pioneer
Model: WS012GMFI22HLD-16 wall unit.
Year: 2020
Market: US

ALSO:

Manufacturer: Pioneer
Model: RB012GMFILDFHD-16 ducted unit.
Market: US
This unit does NOT have the USB-style port however you can add the “Smart Kit” from Pioneer for it which does. That kit’s $99 but includes the OSK-103 stick so you could sell that to recover a bit. Or find a less expensive way to purchase. I tried to map the 4-pin port the “Smart Kit” connects to but am insufficiently skilled for that.

Looking good with both of these. These have the USB-style receptacle with the raised edges. I used @VitalyZ’s board design and a dremel to adapt the male USB plug to fit the port. Awesome!

Edited to add Market and Year info as well as 2nd ducted unit.

2 Likes

I’ve been messing with this esphome setup for a couple days now. I have read up on how to get my midea ac units integrated, and I have them working. But I need to be able to control the led lights on the display. I know I don’t need to do anything to control them on the iot dongle. But how do I add the custom comfiguration. I read the documentation regarding this, but it’s vague and unhelpful. Everyone assumes you just know where and how to add this stuff to the configuration yaml and they give you an “example” to go by. But do I need to rename anything or what? I’ve tried adding the example verbatim but it’s no use. I don’t need all the extra garbage in the example either just the switch to turn off the led.

I don’t think this is the wrong topic as this is the esp home component thread. That and I don’t think it’s necessary to add the or transmitter gpio either as the original dongle allowed for the led to be controlled from the app over cloud. My question was more about where I’m supposed to add the switch inclusion to. Is it added to the main config yaml or do I need to add it to each of the units separately in the yamls used by esphome?

That kinda defeats the purpose of having a community forum. The other post is more about hardware modding and such. I’m asking questions about stuff that’s been gone over in this post already. Why even make a forum post if you don’t want people to interact with it? Why isn’t it a locked thread? Why am I having this conversation with you instead of getting the information I asked for?

@wbarber69 Don’t get me wrong… but read the 1st topic of this thread please…this thread is NOT the technical support thread, this is a list for the models supported by the main thread only…
And since me nor @paddy0174 are moderators, neither one of us can lock this thread…

1 Like

Manufacturer: Giatsu
Model: AROMA2R32
Modelnumber: GIA-S09AR2B-R32-I
Market: PT, ES

2nd unit with higher output power:
Manufacturer: Giatsu
Model: AROMA2R32
Modelnumber: GIA-S18AR2B-R32-I
Market: PT, ES

Everything works fine out of the box. I bought the iot-uni-dongles from dudanov on the tindie shop.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for this! Works on my Pioneer WS009GMFI17HLD.The thermostat for this unit is horrible about staying reasonably close to the set temperature, and this made it so I could automate my own thermostat! Life is much better

1 Like

Manufacturer: Royal Clima (Midea)
Model: Triumph Inverter
Year: 2021
Market: RU
Model ID: RCI-TN29HN (Wi-Fi Ready)

I install 2 ac. One with ESP01+Adapter and another with wemos d1 mini v3 + shifter
All work great. Thanks a lot

2 Likes

Manufacturer: MaxiCool (Midea)
Model: AMD-AUR-09HDI
Market: EU

Installed in 3 A/C units,all with ESPHOME ESP01S+Adapter
All work great. Thanks.

2 Likes

Manufacturer: Simando/Dimstal (Midea/Coolix)
Model: SMND-PAC-12
Market: EU

2 Likes

I’m trying to make my Mr Cool diy 12k working so far all I get is unknown for everything and it shows 32°F any ideas as to what I’m doing wrong? I’ve swapped TX and Rx to no help.

Brand: kentatsu
Model: ksgi26hfan1
Year: 2021?
Market: RU

1 Like

I finally got to update this list. :slight_smile: Sorry for the wait! :slight_smile:

All devices named in posts above are now added to the list (=this is only to remind me :rofl: )

Thanks to all, that keep adding their models! :slight_smile: :+1:

Hi,

I want to confirm that it works too with:

Brand: Rotenso
Model: Ukura (U35Wi/o)
Market: PL

Basically any A/C that can take in OSK103 (or newer OSK105) will work with midea-ac & esphome.
For ESP-Module Dongle info: https://github.com/dudanov/iot-uni-dongle (On photo my module based on iot-uni-dongle circuit)

obraz

2 Likes

Hi,
The following AC is working with this component:
Brand: Airfel
Model: LTXN35UBV1B/LRXN35UBV1B
Year: 2019(?)
Market: HU

(There is an other model with lesser performance: Airfel LTXN25UBV1B/LRXN25UBV1B, I think it is the same electronics, so it has to work)
Best regards!

2 Likes

Hey,

I found a model working on the German market. It is working perfectly with the Wifi dongle

It’s the Midea Real Cool 35

Brand: Midea
EAN: 4048 164 10826 8 (Real Cool 35)
Year: 2021
Market: DE

It’s a little hard to get to the module. If interested I can add more pictures and instructions on the procedure.
Thanks to @dudanov for the excellent module! AC is working flawlessly.

Cheers

3 Likes