Midea A/C and ESPHome component - list of all known working models and manufacturers

Works.

Brand: Senville
Model: SENL/24CD/IY
Year: 2022
Market: US

I finally go this to work after the included alexa enabled dongle was crap.
I installed this last night, tried to get it to work, gave up.
Fresh start this morning, I tried flashing it, I tried making my own yaml file and updating it. Nothing worked. After a good hour in I was ready to give up and post my results of a non working unit. Last ditch effort I power cycled the unit at the braker and presto!

1 Like

Can you tell me how did you get this work?
I have a bryant unit same as yours and got Swlf-01pro with me. I try to connect it to the USB, but don’t see any option and I Visit the address they have Mentioned. Also, I have installed Home Assistant app, but not sure how to connect it with.

This is only a listing thread. Try here: Midea branded AC’s with ESPhome (no cloud).

1 Like

You need to run Home Assistant [HA] on a dedicated machine. HA will be the center of all your home automation.
The HA app connects to that (as do all other appliances )

1 Like

Someone has any experience with Kaysun branded A/D ? Should also be Midea.

Manufacturer: Midea
Model: MAE-24N8D6
Year: 2022-2023 (Probably)
Market: Georgia, Bulgaria, Greece (maybe others too, idk)

A/C works with SLWF-01pro dongle.
Only issue is that humidity sensor is not reporting

A/C also has thermal sensor, it detects thermal footprint of a person and does not directly blow to that spot (if it’s configured). It would be great to have ability to use this thermal sensor in HA for a presence detection.

1 Like

Manufacturer: Qlima
Model: SCM52 Duo Airconditioner
Year: 2024
Market: Netherlands

A/C + heating works with SLWF-01pro dongle.

Some minor things don’t work like power usage and humidity sensor. Also the temperature sensor only registers the temperature from the outside units, not the inside temperature. But I have other sensors for that so it’s not needed

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Need help with Manufacturer: Galactic Model: GKZ09HM-S

Why Bosch Climate 5000i isn’t supported yet?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Midea branded AC’s with ESPhome (no cloud)

Work fine.

Brand: Ballu
Model: BSPKI-24HN8_24Y
Market: RU

1 Like

Brand: Bryant
Model: 619AHB

I am using the SMARTLIGHT SLWF-01pro (v1.1) and everything is working well except the 2 IR only features.

It looks like Smartlight just released their v2.1 version though: Air conditioner Wi-Fi module for Midea, Idea, Neoclima, Electrolux, Beko and many more. Model SMARTLIGHT SLWF-01pro (v.2.1)

1 Like

Brand: Midea
Model: Paramount
Model ID: MSAG1-07HRN1

Brand: Midea
Model: Paramount
Model ID: MSAG1-12HRN1

Work fine

1 Like

Brand: Bosch
Model: Climate 5000i (CL5000iU W 26 E)
Market: UA

1 Like

Brand: Kentatsu
Model: KSGB26HFAN1

1 Like

Brand: Comfee
Model: MPPH-08CRN7
Market: DE

1 Like

Brand: Pioneer
Model: CB018GMFILCFHD

Requires “Pioneer Smart-WiFi Wired Wall Thermostat Kit for CYB, UYB, and RYB systems”, TST-LCACWIFIKP, which appears to be the Midea WF-60A1. I used the smartlight.me module, but had to trim the “USB” connector on the module and cut away a significant part of the housing to get everything to fit.

2 Likes

Brand: Bosch
Model: Climate 2000 - CL2000 35 E (indoor unit) / CL2000U W 35 E (outdoor unit)
Market: IT

There is no doubt my unit is a classic Midea, 2023/24 design with Info displayed via LED on the cover of the indoor unit and with the white, long remote controller with orange back-light.

Just today, arrived the SMARTLIGHT SLWF-01pro (v.2.1) that i order from Aliexpress with a proper cable. The setup was pretty straight forward, after giving the IoT Wifi to the stick, and setup a static IP, i quickly download the docker version of HA on my unRAID NAS, quick setup, add a new device, selected ESP Home and done.

It works pretty well. But, i was expecting to see more function compared to the remote, i was thinking that having a basic model, just mean that some function could be not visible on the remote but working or available on the mini split, because i noticed that the mainboard are almost all the same between models.
For example, i don’t see the humidity sensor, i don’t see the power draw, i can’t use the Boost/ECO mode.
But maybe, there is something from with my HA setup. I would try more setup in future.

I was mostly curious to see if my mini split was compatible too with the ESP Home key.

1 Like

Brand: Ballu Discovery
Model: BSVI-09HN8

1 Like

Just wanted to confirm this is also working with my Samsung 3.5kW aircon-unit.

Brand: Samsung
Model: AR12TXHQASIXEU (AR35 12000 BTU)
Market: EU

Using the ESPhome controller USB wifi adapter - SLWF-01pro (v.2.10)(Air conditioner Wi-Fi module for Midea, Idea, Neoclima, Electrolux, Beko and many more. Model SMARTLIGHT SLWF-01pro (v.2.1))

I didn’t manage to get the toggle buttons working (Display Toggle & Swing Step). Also the following sensors are not available/showing:

• Indoor Humidity
  • Power Usage
  • Uptime Days

Even shows the WiFi symbol:

1 Like