Home Assistant Community

[email protected], [email protected] component

I’ve pushed an update version to GitHub. Notable (and potentially breaking) changes:

• The latest version of HA was complaining that the structure of the custom component won’t be supported in the future. Files for sensors, binary_sensors have been moved into the Miele folder. I am not sure how far backwards compatible that change is.
  • In the past, light was exposed as a binary_sensor that was indicating the status of the corresponding light. This has been removed. Instead lights are now exposed as such and can be toggled.
  • There is an miele.action service that can be used to invoke actions in the device (described in more detail https://www.miele.com/developer/swagger-ui/put_additional_info.html). Examples for the service data can be found in the pull request (https://github.com/docbobo/home-assistant-miele/pull/6)

@ATWindsor triggering all those things for your ventilation is a little bit tricky without documentation. Feel free to experiment with the action, perhaps you find something that’s not documented yet.

1 Like

Sorry to be such a hassle, but is there some kind of trouble-shooting opportunities if not appliances are found for some reason? 3 out of my 4 miele-things are found, and the gateway. But the last of 2 ovens is not found.

0 Likes

I copied the raw file to custom components and am getting the following errors relating to these files:

File “/config/custom_components/binary_sensor.py”, line 8, in
from custom_components.miele import DOMAIN as MIELE_DOMAIN, DATA_DEVICES
ImportError: cannot import name ‘DOMAIN’

and
File “/config/custom_components/sensor.py”, line 7, in
from custom_components.miele import DOMAIN as MIELE_DOMAIN, DATA_DEVICES

File “/config/custom_components/light.py”, line 8, in
from custom_components.miele import DOMAIN as MIELE_DOMAIN, DATA_CLIENT, DATA_DEVICES

can anyone help me solve these issues?

0 Likes

Any way to run this on hassio?

0 Likes

Can anyone help with getting Miele work on my Hass.io? I keep getting the same message and never get to the screen where i should input my data. what I have is the following:

0 Likes

Is this a new install of the Miele component? If not, I got around a similar error by deleting the .miele-token-cache file in the HA config directory. At that point, I could re-log-in to the Miele site and retrieve a new token. I didn’t have to get a new client ID/secret from Miele.

0 Likes

I tried to find that file but it isn’t there. Any other suggestions where i should look. I am using hass.io

0 Likes

If you haven’t gotten the Miele component working yet, that file probably doesn’t exist. The hass.io configuration directory is /usr/share/hassio/homeassistant I think (I’m using a regular Linux/pip install).

0 Likes

It’s not working, still the same message. I am using Hass.io and the directories /usr/share/hassio/homeassistant don’t exist. Very frustrating. Not even sure that this component works in Hass.io

0 Likes