Migrating from bwalarm

That is a good idea to get around it

Yeah that’s what I figured would happen. The attribute changed_by is a bwalrm addition. A way around it is to set an input_text in the Triggers automation to the trigger.to_state.name and use that in the alarm triggered automation message.

You are working very well, I do not give achieved or pending, warning, trigguered, when you have everything you could share it, when you finish can I invite you to a few beers through PayPal?

Ugg I uninstalled this intending to try a reinstall and poof it disappeared! What’s the best way to get this back?

Downgrade home assistant to 0.114.4.

I successfully downgraded, however the integration is gone from the community integrations page and I see

Configuration invalid

Platform error alarm_control_panel.bwalarm - Integration 'bwalarm' not found.

Have you pressed the big ‘+’ in the bottom right corner of HACS?

That was it, thank you guys

Currently I have the manual_mqtt alarm working but as mentioned above, due to the limitations of it with regards to the pending status being used for both an exit delay and a warning timer, there is no way to have truly ‘instant’ alarms other than setting the pending time to zero and creating a custom exit timer setup. I haven’t gone into that yet as I’ve been busy. My code above works with the old BWAlarm automations for armed_away, armed_home, triggered and disarmed however I have to remove the templated notification message and simply have ‘triggered’, without the triggering sensor name. Looking at the docs for the normal manual alarm, I don’t think you will have the same issue with the pending timer because I think that one uses a second triggered timer. I unfortunately need the mqtt to integrate with my hard-wired alarm system.

I commented out those lines and all does appear to be well.

PS: Thanks fro the split Tinkerer.

I recently found Alarmo - it can be installed via the HACS store. Similar idea as bwalarm. The dev is very responsive and the implementation looks great. All config done via the UI.