Hey all - I gave up on my Hue hub due to constant disconnects and availability of the lights in hassio. This has made automation a PIA and I was losing the WAF credibility
So I have been moving my Hue and Sengleg lights, Xiaomi switches, sensors and my other Zigbee gear to the Conbee II stick.
And I’m so glad I made this move!. Holy cow! The performance, responsiveness, and stability have been amazing. Reprogramming nodered for the tons of automation I have developed has been the hardest thing to do (not really) since the migration.
As I’ve been migrating I’ve been reading a lot here on the forums about coverage - extending the range, issues with the mesh, etc. Because I had issues with my Hue hub and lights, I began taking some precautions - not sure if necessary or not
So here are my questions:
- Looking at my Deconz map, any issues I should be concerned with?
- I picked up some tradfri-signal-repeaters. I planned to put them on the 4 corners and center of the house.
---- Do I need them?
---- Do I have to pair them with my Conbee stick?
Note: I do have other Xiaomi and Sengled bulbs mixed throughout the house.
- Is there anything I can improve at all?
- I have about another 25 devices to add - will I run into any issues?
- If I’ve been reading correctly, it seems I can add a cc2531in the mix as a router - will it be necessary?
- Would zigbee2mqtt be something I should look at longer-term?
I think more questions will come from the answers, so thanks for the education and help in advance!