Migrating from IKEA TRADFRI to Zigbee Home Assistant

I am currently using TRADFRI switches, bulbs, and motion sensors within my house:
Switches: 16
Bulbs: 21
Motion Sensors: 4
They are currently configured to the IKEA TRADFRI Gateway.
I recently bought a Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus, and wanted to begin migrating the IKEA Devices over to it.
I have set up the integration and Dongle is able to discover devices.
Is there a way to migrate these devices from TRADFRI to ZHA without resetting every single device in the house?
I have been attempting to connect an on/off switch to the Zigbee dongle, but I have been having difficulties with either it not being found during device search, or the switch attempting to pair with my lights rather than the hub itself.
Over the last hour I was able to get a connection once, then it promptly stopped again

If anybody has any ideas or has gone through this migration process, it would be greatly appreciated!

Not that I know of.

Were you able to connect the USB dongle to a Ikea Light or bulb ? I see some comments in the ITEAD site that the usb dongle is not able to connect to IKEA devices
you comments would be very apppreciated as I’m thinking in buy this coordinator but have donzens of IKEA bulbs …

I do have it connected to both IKEA bulbs and IKEA E1743 buttons. Works nice.

1 Like

Hello, do you happen to have the battery drain issue? IKEA Tradfri - Batteries in the remote controls are quickly discharged

No. In the 2 years I have my E1743, I had to replace my batteries twice. Both times because there was not enough ‘juice’ left to perform a firmware update.

Hi @francisp, are you using Sonoff Zigbee USB 3.0 Dongle Plus or TRADFRI Gateway as your zigbee gateway?
I thought the former one just came out recently, or did I misunderstand something?

Before I used a CC2530+CC2591+ESP01 as Zigbee coordinator, now I’m using a C2652P, always using Zigbee2MQTT.

I can also confirm that it works really well also with ZHA. I previously used a CC2531 with ikea signal repeaters, covers, light bulbs tradfri & styrbar remotes and motion sensors. Just last week I replaced the cc2531 with the itead sonoff usb dongle. Everything paired without a problem. All my devices are still after a few months running on the original store batteries. I did notice that the first day after unpacking a device the batteries drop rather fast from 100% to something between 75% and 50% but then they just stay there and keep working fine.

I don’t know if it matters, but I do let ZHA Ota update the firmware.