Mila Air Purifier

Keycloak Account Management (milacares.com)

if anyone wants me to dump the APK who knows what they are looking for (seems to be kotlin/java - waaay beyond me)

I’m definitely interested in this! What can we do?

I would love to be able to integrate my Mila into Home Assistant too. This would be an incredible feature. I keep catching myself daydreaming of the automations that could be created with all the available sensors they collect.

Hopefully with an API available, it would be possible to put together an integration. Unfortunately it seems like right now there isn’t overlap between those of us who want to integrate this into home assistant and those of us with the skills to make it happen.

EDIT: I reached out to Mila support, and I was told that they do not have a public API/SDK.

Mile added Alexa & Google Home skills recently.

This looks to be positive movement for 3rd party integration.

I would #1 love to be able to pull in all of the sensor data to be able to display and take other action.

Although Mila does a really great job with automatic modes, it would be great to be able to set modes based on other home data.

I also just sent another email to Mila support to see if they would be open to collaborating on this integration.

Jason

3 Likes

I have a few devices that are Alex’s only controlled through HA. Just got a Mila and will look into it more this week.

2 Likes

Just looked at the Alex app and the HA Alex sync through Nabu Casa. Looks like Alexa does not see it as a device and it only is used as an independent Alexa skill. Will probably need to write a AWS interface for these two to work together at this time.

1 Like

One month ago (Feb 2022) the Mila support posted they are working on an OTA-update to all Milas enabling HomeKit integration.
As I understand, making Home Assistant integrations for HomeKit devices is fairly easy. So it seems very likely we will be seeing an Mila integration this year, which connects directly through WiFi.

If you are reading this, because you are thinking about buying an air purifier, but don’t want to wait for an integration, I can recommend the Ikea Starkvind (Zigbee). It comes as a table or standalone. Other air purifiers which are popular and can be integrated are the ones from VeSync/Levoit and Philips (the ones with app support, through third party script integrations). However, all of these only have a PM2.5 sensor and the CADR differs a lot. Mila has way more sensors, more automatic features and mostly better filters.

1 Like

I just finished working on this custom component. I wanted to do this for such a long time, but today is the day :). I have posted why it was so difficult to reverse engineer the Mila API on my blog if anyone is interested - Blog Post

I have created a separate post so I can collect feedback/comments specific to this component. Link

4 Likes

This is awaseom! You did some very fine work!

Outstanding work!! I’ve been waiting for this for so long! So far, everything that I tested is working flawless (I have 3 milas).
One question thought: What’s Air Monitor? (compared to AQI)

@germanm Good question! Its value is from the AQI sensor, but it also exposes other air quality-related attributes such as CO, CO2, PM10, etc. The idea is so that it can be plugged into any existing Lovelace cards for the Air Quality platform. I haven’t found any generic cards for air quality yet, but the idea stands. Think of plugging the fan or weather entity in a generic Lovelace card made for any fan/weather entity.

It also helps with code reusability as it extends the base platform classes from the Home assistant core, so I only have to override minimal code for interacting with Mila API.

Looks like API endpoint has changed. Are you able to get updated variables?

any update on this to when we might have the code updated with the new API endpoints?

Hey all, just thought I would see if there happens to be more movement on this effort. I’m looking at air purify/quality products and came across Mila … naturally I went to see if there was HA support and found this thread.

Related, what does it take for something like this to turn into an official integration available within the HA UI?

2 Likes

I just purchased a Mila today and came here to find this thread. Hoping to get integration soon!

Same here!

Mila recently released Homekit support docs

Note that it only adds it directly to the iOS device. It does not provide a pairing code.

As of Oct 31 2023, you are unable to get a pairing code for use with a bridge. I confirmed this with Mila Support

That’s a good question. As you know, every HomeKit-enabled device comes with a unique pairing code, often found on the device or its packaging. This code is required to pair the device with HomeKit. Typically, newer devices use a scannable QR code for this purpose, but sometimes users might want or need to enter this code manually. Unfortunately, we don’t have this method right now but it may be available in the future.

Just wanted to document that somewhere for when people eventually start wondering about it.

Update: The Mila Support team was able to get me a manual pairing code! YMMV. It seems like they have the capability but haven’t worked out all the kinks yet.

I agree the Homekit integration is great! However, as of now, I tried to add Mila as a homekit device to HA and it doesn’t expose much, not even an on-off switch for the device