Mirabella Genio Smart Home

Does anyone know if I can flash Tasmota onto it through the device webpage that esphome provides?

OK, I have no clue how to fix this, so Iā€™ll try tasmota instead.

if you save a tasmota .bin file on your PC then upload it via the ESPhome web page (OTA Update) you should be able to swap to tasmota that wayā€¦ i think. I havenā€™t tried it yet but I think it will work

Thanks, the process is a little more complicated than I thought. Iā€™ve compiled a custom tasmota.bin file with my wifi configuration so Iā€™ll upload that and see how it goes.

Thanks for the response Dave.

Iā€™m not sure if this is what youā€™re after, but I just make multiple calls to the mqtt.publish service in the script. Some combinations need a delay call in there as well - for example turning on a TV and waiting for it to be ready to change the input.

turn_on_xbox:
  sequence:
    # turn on Amp
    - service: mqtt.publish
      data:
        topic: GenioIR/cmnd/IRSend
        payload: '{"Protocol":"NEC","Bits":32,"Data":"0x7E817E81","DataLSB":"0x7E817E81","Repeat":0}'
    # turn on TV
      data:
        payload: '{"Protocol":"SAMSUNG","Bits":32,"Data":"0xE0E09966","DataLSB":"0x07079966","Repeat":0}'
    # turn on xbox
      data:
        payload: '{"Protocol":"NEC","Bits":32,"Data":"0x011B54AB","DataLSB":"0x80D82AD5","Repeat":0}}'
    # set the input on the amp to HDMI 1
    - delay:
        seconds: 5
      data:
        payload: '{"Protocol":"NEC","Bits":32,"Data":"0x5EA1E21C","DataLSB":"0x7A854738","Repeat":0}'

Hey mate, if managed to flash the device with tasmota and applied this template:

The switches still do not respond.

I havenā€™t played with one of those units. Can you control the switches from the Tasmota web interface?

No. I see it in the console, but nothing on the powerboard. By the way, on the template page there are strings for ā€œBacklogā€ and ā€œRuleā€, where do I enter these in Tasmota?

Iā€™m not sure unfortunately. Sounds like the GPIO allocations arenā€™t correctā€¦ but if someone else has that template working then they should be rightā€¦

1 Like

Adding a delay of 5 to the script solved the issue with sending multiple commands with the Mirabella IR module. I am now running up to 5 payloads in a single script. Thanks

@zoogara Thanks for that tip! Endless frustration trying to get it working with the Mirabella app until Google sent me here.

@kk74 - Iā€™ve given up on the Tuya integration as been too slow, and flashed all my Tuya based devices using Tuya-Convert.

I just attempted flashing one of the Mirabella Genio bulbs and got to the point where it was doing the ā€œbackupā€ before asking which firmware I wanted to upload. It gave me the message that it couldnā€™t do the full back up and asked if I wanted to continue. Thinking I could cancel and try again I said no. Now when I try to put the globe into pairing mode by flicking the switch, the globe wonā€™t even turn on. Have I bricked the globe? And is there anyway back from it, or is it time to buy a new one?

Update I managed to get it working. For those that end up with the same issue, i restarted the tuya-convert flash process but didnā€™t connect the phone to vtrust-flash. Apparently at the point of back up, the device is in an ā€˜intermediate stateā€™ awaiting flash. Tuya convert picked it up straight away and continued the flash process. This was even after turning it on and off, flashing other devices and leaving it overnight.

Apologies if this has already been asked, but has anyone had any success with flashing the below to the Mirabella Door/Window Sensors? Just curious about performance after flashing and success rate of the flash. Iā€™ve heard some people flashing them end up experiencing a 5 - 10 second delay for the sensor registering in HA. Iā€™m currently using tasker on android to intercept notifications and update HA, but would like try something else.

Trying to get a set of Genio Festoon colour bulbs working. Have flashed with Tasmota and tried everything I can think of. A template exists for the white version, although the RGB version turns on, but I canā€™t get any of the effects or even the lights to turn off. Appreciate any suggestions.

Hey Johan,

I have started playing with the same Kmart door sensor, considering trying out Tasmota on that.
Would you mind describing why you mention that Tasmota is not a viable option of this device?

DeepSleep does appear to be supported by Tasmota, however I have not tried it yet.
Wonder if this has possibly changed since you did your investigation, or more likely, there is something that you discovered that makes Tasmota difficult/not suitable for it.

Many thanks for your response.

Cheers
Alister

Just wanted to give a thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread. I discovered this just trying to google around if the Kmart smart globes were any good out of curiosity, having had no experience with any ā€œsmartā€ devices whatsoever and never even having heard of Home Assistant. The last week has been a flurry of Kmart/Bunnings trips and setting up HA on my home server and itā€™s been a blast. So far successfully flashed esphome firmware using ct-Open-Source/tuya-convert to a few from the Genio range including a cwww globe, a couple of wifi plugs and an rgbw led strip.

After struggling to find many more of the Genio globes in stock at a Kmart, I took a punt on the Brilliant RGB+W I picked up at Officeworks (specific model number 20877). Took a couple of goes to flash with tuya-convert but eventually got it working after sticking it in a lamp to move it closer to my AP. I tried the Genio equivalent firmware with only the white channel really working, and eventually found a more applicable tasmota config here: https://templates.blakadder.com/brilliantsmart_20699.html

Long story short I adapted the pinout from this to the equivalent SM16716 LED driver config in esphome [https://esphome.io/components/output/sm16716.html] and itā€™s now working great! Figured I would share the esphome config in case anybody else found it useful:

esphome:
  name: "Brilliant Smart RGBW"
  platform: ESP8266
  board: esp01_1m

wifi:
  ssid: <YOUR_SSID>
  password: <YOUR_WIFI_PASSPHRASE>

api:

logger:

ota:

sm16716:
  data_pin: GPIO4
  clock_pin: GPIO5
  num_channels: 3
  num_chips: 1

output:
  - platform: sm16716
    id: output_red
    channel: 2
    power_supply: rgb_power
    id: output_green
    channel: 1
    id: output_blue
    channel: 0
  - platform: esp8266_pwm
    id: output_white
    pin: GPIO12

power_supply:
  - id: rgb_power
    pin: GPIO13

light:
  - platform: rgbw
    name: "brilliant_smart_rgbw"
    id: light_1
    red: output_red
    green: output_green
    blue: output_blue
    white: output_white
    restore_mode: ALWAYS_ON

Please submit to esphome-configs.io

1 Like

Just to add to the mix, I picked up a couple of iDigital smart switches from The Reject Shop (on sale at $9, down from $20). They are Tuya based, and I was able to flash them successfully with the Mirabella Genio template. The one change i had to make was to switch the on_turn_on and on_turn_off commands around.

# Turn on red LED
    on_turn_on:
      - switch.turn_off: red_led

# Turns off red LED
    on_turn_off:
      - switch.turn_on: red_led

Or you could invert the output pin for the LED.