Mitsubishi AC with Wemos D1 Mini Pro

Thank you, managed to find them in the UK so will try and get hold of some.

Have a couple of Wemos D1 V3’s which I will use. Just to clarify where does the 470 ohm resistor need to be soldered? There seems to be really mixed advice some suggesting it’s needed, others saying a capacitor is needed across the gnd 5v connection but no resistor is needed?

Sorry, I don’t have Wemos D1’s, I went with ESP-01S with a serial breakout board. Did you review this post from higher up the thread, Post #147 and the github issue referenced by Post #145 just above it?

Had found the post but not the reference to the other repo. I think I have a original mini or two lying around! Currently struggling no end to source the cables. Found one supplier who want £7 PER CABLE, would have made the whole project very very expensive!!

What about here, https://www.digikey.co.uk/en/products/detail/jst-sales-america-inc/APAPA22K305/6009462

Was hoping to not have to order from the US, but may have to!

Read here: HeatPump

1 Like

Someone managed to get it to work with non Mitsubishi products? I’m trying with a chinese heat pump that I control with a Mitsubishi ir remote but ESPHome doesn’t work…

Has anyone got this working with a ESP32? How would this need to be wired?

Hi there

I have my esp01 running with gysmo38 mitsubishi2 mqtt ,I can control the AC with the webserver I can see MQTT topics wit MQTT explorer but I’m stack to HA integration and the possibility to control the AC inside HA 2021.12.10 or nodered.
Any help is more than welcome and appreciated .

Really struggling with this. Have tried to get this working with a Wemo D1 Mini V2 (Clone) and a V3 (with the pin removed as per above). The device powers on with the unit, however it doesn’t appear communicate with the unit at all. I have used the ESPHome version. Can anyone provide any guidance what else to look at?

I had the same issue with the wemos D1. It would not connect to the aircon with neither esphome nor mitsubishi2MQTT and whilst both projects mention ESP32 they dont work with the board either and I dont know enough to fix the code…

However, espeasy on an ESP32 does work and I managed to get it running.

You’ll need to download espeasy zip and build your own. They recommend Platform IO and it’s the easiest to use.

Once you have platformio you create a copy of the Custom-sample.h and rename it Custom.h

Open that file and uncomment line 357 (#define USES_P093 // MitsubishiHP) then build and configure your ESP.

There’s a right up on the config

You can then connect it to the pigtails directly without any other “bits”. It works!

The only part I’m struggling is with the climate (mqtt) configuration.

I did get it working in HA with input_select and input_number and 1 automation. But I would like to get it running with the climate component.

Hope this helps

2 Likes

Following from my earlier note I managed to get this project working using espeasy.
I can now fully control my Mitsubishi Aircon (overhead duct type Model PEY series).
I have integrated into HA with input helpers and a automation, because I havent been able to work out the template for the climate component.

The part where I struggle is this.

commands are sent to a topic /master/master/settings/cmd
and the payload has a ‘prefix’. for example:
If I want to increase the temperature this is the mqtt:

topic: /master/master/settings/cmd
payload: MitsubishiHP,temperature,<>

So in the climate component my understanding is I define a template as such:
temperature_command_template: “{{value_json[‘temperature’]}}”

but I need to add the (MitsubishiHP,temperature,) prefix. I’ve tried this:
temperature_command_template: “MitsubishiHP,temperature,{{value_json[‘temperature’]}}” and similar combinations, but the payload is not coming out as required.

Any guidance is much appreciated.

1 Like

I have this working on 2 ACs using Wemos D1 Minis and ESPHome / Home Assistant.

I followed this guide (which is also linked above by nickrout - or found from the ESP DIY page):

I have since added motion sensors to both ACs (connected to the ESP then use HA automations to turn on lights/scenes). You could add a temperature (and humiditiy sensor) to the ESP as well.

The problem is not the component/sketch

The problem is the Wemos d1 has been ‘upgraded’ and new versions don’t work.

Who’s problem? What are you replying to?

the d1 mini post.

I couldn’t get it to work. Upon further reading (even in this same post) i came across multiple similar comments with the associated explanation on why new d1 minis do not work.

I got it to work with esp32 dev boards (30 pin). However, i only had 5 boards and I have 7 aircons. I ordered more esp32 and I got 32 pins models. And those do not work either.

Seems ‘safest’ bet is to go with the esp-01 set up recommended in the swicago github.

The post you were seeming to reply to has it working!

So I was finally able to use the wemos d1 minis I’d ordered last month. Read a bit and came across this Mitsubishi Heat Pump/Lobby where one user posted a picture showing the traces he’d cut to get his d1 working.

I dont have that exact board ( I don’t know what model I have, as it’s not labelled) but based on more reading it appears to be a v.3 (version).

Based on the post I went ahead and cut what seemed to be the associated Rx Tx traces and voila, it worked. Serial communication is working and the device is controling the AC unit correctly.

This is a picture of my board and where I cut.

Hope it helps others.

5 Likes

Do you have any information about using nodemcu with ESP8266 ESP-12 instead of wemos d1 mini?

this helped me. Thank you!

1 Like