Mitsubishi AC with Wemos D1 Mini Pro

I still use the “classic” implementation.
On Unixko’s github the custom_component has been updated and works on HA 0.100.3 (I am using it now).
With my systems, Unixko’s “Native” solution did not work at all.
I am using SwiCago’s Arduino Sketch, with the custom_component that is updated on Unixko’s “classic” fork.
It works flawlessly and shows heat_cool mode correctly.

I like using the official cards where possible, but as it is just a thermostat, you can use it with any of the available custom thermostat cards and see which one you like best :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel the classic implementation is still the best for me as I have found, on my units, the unixko native doesn’t work.

Glad it works well for you. I am using the kmdmi since it works great so far, and it doesn’t need any component, it uses HVAC.

I’ve not used kmdmi so I can’t really comment on it.

Ideally I’d love if ESPHome integrated the SwiCago library and that way I wouldn’t have to dedicate the esp8266 to just one function (plus we’d inherit all the other benefits ESPHome has to offer).

Another vote for ESPHome integrated SwiCago

Absolutely. ESPHome with Swicago would be really great.

Evening Team,

In case it’s of interest to anyone… I run my hass.io in a VirtualBox hypervisor on an always-on Windows 10 machine. Usually I save off a copy of my last known / good virtual hard drive before making any changes to my config, which allows me to revert back quickly it I get into a situation where something goes sideways and the home assistant VM won’t boot, but recently I screwed up both my live and back-up virtual hard drives, forcing me to do a clean install of home assistant from scratch. Ouch.

The silver lining is that a few days later, I can report that SwiCago Arduino sketch, along with the Unixko ‘classic’ fork work great on Home Assistant 0.102.2.

Hope that helps.

Skip

1 Like

Ouch allright…big job getting it all sorted was it?

1 Like

A few hours each night, for about three nights. :slight_smile:

One thing I haven’t gotten right yet - my thermostats are ‘labelled’ as degrees F, which I presume is because I have the global ‘unit_system: imperial’ line in my configuration.yaml, but the numbers are actually in Celsius. Any thoughts on how to get the thermostats to show degrees F?

Kind Regards,
Peter

Is your sensor config using:

unit_of_measurement: "°C"

My guess would be yes as it was correct in the past right?

I wouldn’t be sure after that?

Any luck with ESPHome integration?

Anyone have this working with version 0.104?

Maybe worth mentioning it’s available for ESPEasy. If interested, please check here. While some stuff there might not be HA related it should still give you the idea what kind of integration the plugin offers with ESPEasy.

2 Likes

Great work!

I too would like ESPHome integration, but ESPEasy is still WAY better than having just the dedicated aircon firmware on the ESP like I do now.

Will give it a go soon.

There is an esphome version now. https://github.com/geoffdavis/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump

It is worth keeping an eye on this page https://esphome.io/guides/diy.html

2 Likes

I tried it - getting compilation errors:

src/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump/espmhp.cpp: In member function ‘virtual esphome::climate::ClimateTraits MitsubishiHeatPump::traits()’:
src/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump/espmhp.cpp:72:12: error: ‘class esphome::climate::ClimateTraits’ has no member named ‘set_supports_dry_mode’
traits.set_supports_dry_mode(true);
^
src/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump/espmhp.cpp:73:12: error: ‘class esphome::climate::ClimateTraits’ has no member named ‘set_supports_fan_only_mode’
traits.set_supports_fan_only_mode(true);
^
src/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump/espmhp.cpp:79:12: error: ‘class esphome::climate::ClimateTraits’ has no member named ‘set_supports_fan_mode_on’
traits.set_supports_fan_mode_on(false);
^
src/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump/espmhp.cpp:80:12: error: ‘class esphome::climate::ClimateTraits’ has no member named ‘set_supports_fan_mode_off’
traits.set_supports_fan_mode_off(false);
^
src/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump/espmhp.cpp:81:12: error: ‘class esphome::climate::ClimateTraits’ has no member named ‘set_supports_fan_mode_auto’
traits.set_supports_fan_mode_auto(true);
^
src/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump/espmhp.cpp:82:12: error: ‘class esphome::climate::ClimateTraits’ has no member named ‘set_supports_fan_mode_focus’
traits.set_supports_fan_mode_focus(false);
^
src/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump/espmhp.cpp:83:12: error: ‘class esphome::climate::ClimateTraits’ has no member named ‘set_supports_fan_mode_diffuse’
traits.set_supports_fan_mode_diffuse(false);
^
src/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump/espmhp.cpp:84:12: error: ‘class esphome::climate::ClimateTraits’ has no member named ‘set_supports_fan_mode_low’
traits.set_supports_fan_mode_low(true);
^
src/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump/espmhp.cpp:85:12: error: ‘class esphome::climate::ClimateTraits’ has no member named ‘set_supports_fan_mode_medium’
traits.set_supports_fan_mode_medium(true);
^
src/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump/espmhp.cpp:86:12: error: ‘class esphome::climate::ClimateTraits’ has no member named ‘set_supports_fan_mode_middle’
traits.set_supports_fan_mode_middle(true);
^
src/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump/espmhp.cpp:87:12: error: ‘class esphome::climate::ClimateTraits’ has no member named ‘set_supports_fan_mode_high’
traits.set_supports_fan_mode_high(true);
^
src/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump/espmhp.cpp:88:12: error: ‘class esphome::climate::ClimateTraits’ has no member named ‘set_supports_swing_mode_off’
traits.set_supports_swing_mode_off(true);
^
src/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump/espmhp.cpp:89:12: error: ‘class esphome::climate::ClimateTraits’ has no member named ‘set_supports_swing_mode_both’
traits.set_supports_swing_mode_both(false);
^
src/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump/espmhp.cpp:90:12: error: ‘class esphome::climate::ClimateTraits’ has no member named ‘set_supports_swing_mode_vertical’
traits.set_supports_swing_mode_vertical(true);
^
src/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump/espmhp.cpp:91:12: error: ‘class esphome::climate::ClimateTraits’ has no member named ‘set_supports_swing_mode_horizontal’
traits.set_supports_swing_mode_horizontal(false);
^
src/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump/espmhp.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void MitsubishiHeatPump::control(const esphome::climate::ClimateCall&)’:
src/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump/espmhp.cpp:116:18: error: ‘CLIMATE_MODE_DRY’ is not a member of ‘esphome::climate’
case climate::CLIMATE_MODE_DRY:

You need to use the dev version of esphome. https://github.com/geoffdavis/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump/issues/1

I have crazy issue. I can not flash it since I have 09 in my wifi password and I get error “invalid digit “9” in octal constant”. Any idea what to do?

Did you manage to use ESPhome https://github.com/geoffdavis/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump ?

MQTT version https://github.com/gysmo38/mitsubishi2MQTT works for me, but this one shows just off and I can not turn it on.
I am a bit confused with

libraries:
    - SwiCago/HeatPump

since in platformio is just https://platformio.org/lib/show/7096/HeatPump/

and in instructions

Create an ESPHome YAML configuration with the following sections:

• esphome: libraries: [https://github.com/SwiCago/HeatPump]
  • esphome: includes: [src/esphome-mitsubishiheatpump]

But even if I put just

libraries:
    - HeatPump

there is no success