MobileAlerts / TFA WeatherHub Integration

Hello
I tried today.
I deleted everything. The repo too.
I re-added Repo and installed it. And I set it.
I have all the tools. He saw the rain sensor after that, but the condition did not work. I clicked reinstall, after that the status became active. The hour/day/last is still not good.
This is what it looks like now.
kép

Your own app has the following data
24 hours 3.1 mm
last 60 min 0 mm
last 7 days 55. mm
rain strength 309.6 mm/h
The sum is not clear either, because if I am late, the data is 2022 + 2023 = 467.7 + 220.8

Hello,
short update: after reloading the HA integration and the Gateaway several times, the data can now be retrieved in HA and via the Mobile Alerts app.

Many thanks for the integration - I’ve been looking for something like this for a long time.

Hi Alex,
Thanks a lot for the great work you did on the integration.
I am completely new to HA and managed to get the integration work well.
Yes, it took me a few hours, as I first needed to figure out how to install HACS etc. but now it works.

I also observed, that HA seems not to regularly update the values of the sensors, but couldn’t yet figure our a particular patern.
I also tried to “beautify” my dashboard by adding som images, but I couldn’t get it to work.
Where do I need to locally store the imgaes I want to be displayed?
I tried to store them as local/media/images/pool.jpg and added the diretory path accordingly, but it does not display the image:
Screenshot 2023-05-14 112954

How can I use a visual editor to select an image?

Can anyone confirm that this integration works on 2023.5 or later HA version?

I tried 2023.5.3 but was forced to restore 2023.4.4 from a backup after this integration started giving errors: ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'unavailable' · Issue #12 · PlusPlus-ua/ha_mobilealerts · GitHub

It works for me.
Although I made a few small corrections, they were not included. I will now switch to my modified code

Hi,

Could you please share your changes as PR on GitHub?

It’s on github
I sent a pull request on April 23
You just have to accept it
Pull request

Merged, thank you

Thanks for the integration.

Everything works but I’m seeing a regular gap with the reporting from all my sensors. See steps in the graph. Has anyone else seen this issue?

I’ve seen and even investigated such gaps. It seems like it’s a problem of Mobile-Alerts itself. Sometime gateway miss some sensor’s data packets. Try to disable the integration and then check data from cloud server, there should be same gaps.

Thanks for responding. I have done some initial investigating and I’ve found that if I disable the integration then the data is reliably sent to the mobile alert cloud, re-enabling then causes the data loss. I’m going to try disabling again to confirm the same results over a longer period and will report back.

1 Like

I have tried various options and can confirm that it’s definitely the integration that"s causing the data loss. I’ve disable 3 times now and every time I haven’t had any data loss to the cloud. As soon as the integration is enabled (with or without send to cloud) data is missed, both into HA and the cloud (if enabled).

It’s not a biggy but happy to try and diagnose if I can.

(Posted this as GitHub issue as well, but I guess this place might have more knowledge)

Just noticed while browsing some of my weather data that the entities created by this integration may not be supporting long-term statistics, as the data stops at my recorder's purge_keep_days -setting of 60 days. Many other entities do have long-term statistics, like for example the forecasted temperature in my case:

Is there any way to force statistics creation for the MobileAlerts’ entities, or does something need to be changed in the integration itself to gain support for statistics?

My guess is that the state_class: measurement might be the key here? The template sensor I have for recording the current forecast has this:

template:
  - sensor:
      # Collecting weather forecast:
      - name: forecast_temperature
        state: "{{ state_attr('weather.forecast_myplace','temperature') }}"
        unit_of_measurement: "°C"
        state_class: measurement

Also, another minor issue I came across lately: I had a network situation where my server was offline for a few days and after I got it back up, the updates from the TFA gateway simply stopped – well I got exactly one data point from one sensor but that’s it. The server IP was still the same when it went online again but the gateway did get a new IP from DHCP.

I looked the gateway’s web page and all network / proxy settings were correct, although the port-setting kept changing now and then – some UDP commands sent by the integration? Also, trying to setup a new gateway item in HA said that “no unconfigured gateways were found” so I guess it found the one I have just fine. In the end I had no choice but to delete the current setup and add the gateway again (losing my typed friendly names), which worked and the updates started appearing again. There were no errors in the log.

(In the re-setup, my Wind sensor units also changed from old m/s to km/h which is annoying but I guess there is nothing I can do about that)

Hi,

I would like to ask you, I have this TFA - Bezdrátový monitor klimatu TFA 31.4007.02 WEATHERHUB - startovní balíček č. 7 and already integrated to HA but couple times a day have a problem with entities availibility. I mean it works fine but couple times entities are not available then works fine then again not available as you can see on picture. Anybody knows where could be the problem?

Thanks a lot for your advices

TFA

Hi @malovanyy @PlusPlus-ua
I’m suffering exactly the same problem of yours. I’ve 2 gateways on the same IP network (two different locations, but this is another story…) and both of them works fine in HA with the integration. But I’ve lost the updates on the phone app a few hours after I’ve integrated the gateways in HA.
Have you got some solutions in the meantime?
Many thanks!

I have same issue

No more entities available after HA Core Update 2024.1.0

Link

If anyone has a solution, write it
Dirt

Same problem, have 2 locations with mobile alerts sensors, HA + homebridge-mobile alerts integration, worked stable for months.
Since 5.12.2023 no updates of temperature. After reinstalling homebridge and homebridge-mobile alerts integration (on one location) I was not even able to see the sensors anymore, on the other location sensor ae present, but show always the last values from 5.12.23.-----------------------------

Hi, the problem occured simce HA core update 2024.1.1 definitely. I’ve restored the core version 2023.12.4 and everything is working fine. Hopefully their will be a solution in future updates. For the time beeing I’ll stay with 2023.12.3