Modifying HaOS - Adding Parameters to addons / Homeassistant in HAOS

Short guide to access HaOS to customize HaOS or homeassistant dockers or addons

In my example I add an additional hard disk available to the addons and homeassistant

1. enable ssh access to haos as described here https://developers.home-assistant.io/.../opera.../debugging/
    in my example: I format the HD use mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda1 where /sda1 is the device corresponding to the HD you want to make available
  2. install Run On Startup.d add-on from this repository GitHub - adamoutler/HassOSConfigurator: A set of Add-Ons to configure HassOS For various platforms and development purposes.
  3. insert a unix script file dockername.sh into /root/homeassistant/startup/startup.d with the commands to be given when starting dockerdockername. For example in my case I want to mount the disk that I just formatted to make it available in homeassistant: mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/data/supervisor/media/sda in the homeassistant.sh file in that directory

Reboot
when you restart you will have the hard disk in the media section.

The method can be used in general to insert commands before starting a container in HaOS

BIG FAT DISCLAIMER: these are delicate operations, be careful and understand what you are doing. Timely backup. I am not responsible for destruction.
opening ssh to haos is a potential security risk