Moes self-powered switches

Does anyone know if the MOES self-powered switches (Moes) are supported under HomeAssistant? I followed the instruction (select the corrrect channel according to the table in the manual, push simultaneous the network and rocker button) but it does not show in the zigbee coordinator panel.

Moes make hundreds of devices. A model number might help.

Try this database Database of Zigbee devices compatible with ZHA, Tasmota, Zigbee2MQTT, deCONZ, ZiGate and ioBroker

I did check the database but the device is not mentioned. But as I have various other MOES devices which are also not in the list but still are fully functional, this may be not conclusive.

I’ve been searching for the number but could not find any on the package. The websites give the SKU number: ZT-LP-ZEU2S-WH-MS, but that may not be very helpful

These might be Green Power modules. Per Zigbee2MQTT, they need Hue devices to act as a bridge: EnOcean Easyfit Batteryless Single / Double Rocker Wall Switch EWSxZG Zigbee compatibility
Additionally, since it only generates power when you press, it might need to you keep pressing while it pairing.
If you get them to work, let me know. I’m curious to try them.

I also got one to test it.

I like the idea of battery-less switch without any wiring at all!
I use zigbee2mqtt and following the Moes instructions it was detected.

I also discovered that i could pair it as many times as times I pushed the pairing button.
it’s paired but not recognized and z2mqtt informs that the device is unknown.

I don’t have any Hue device (which ones are are available?, and only one in a network is needed?)

I have the same behaviour. Any success with it?

I’ve attempted to add one via the Sonoff 3.0 dongle on channel 15, and via a hue bulb acting as a Green Power Proxy - but it was not detected by either. @j_codi would you be able to provide instructions on how you enabled zigbee2mqtt to detect the device?

Exactly the same problem too with a ZT-LP-ZEU2S-WH-MS, a new device is detected each time I click.

I’ve added a custom converter using enocean_ptm215ze as a template (it’s also a GreenPower_2 switch), that fixes multiple-device creation issue and the device is paired, Then I got message “command ‘33_0’ is not recognized”. I’m not familiar with that code, I’ve added extra code based on git example, but each time I press the button I got a new command such as 85_0 or 117_3 so it’s pointless.

Bottom line, it doesn’t work, but without any technical documentation on what the Moes switch send and how to interpret it, I can’t figure out even wild guessing… If someone know how to handle that kind of device, that would be great!

Has anyone tried connecting the Moes self-powered switch to a Hue hub? Seems like it should work on paper, but Moes doesn’t advertise Hue support on their page. I’m not sure if that’s them saving money on licensing, or it’s only good for Tuya hubs.

I believe it is up to Hue as to which devices they accept via their ‘Friends of Hue’ integration with the Hue hub. The list of third party devices that work with Hue hub is pretty small from my last check.

How did you get to work ? What dongle and channel are you using ? I’ve my Zigbee on channel 26 letter F on the back of it. I held the pair button and pressed the rocker, however nothing shows.

FYI, Zigbee self-powered/batteryless switches (and energy harvesting sensors) products use Zigbee Green Power technology (also known as ZGPD/GPD or ZGP devices and Zigbee GreenPower profile) which is not yet supported by Home Assistant’s built-in ZHA integration but there is a developer currently working on Zigbee Green Power code patches for zigpy (Python library with Zigbee framework that the ZHA integration depends on) to add support for it connecting indirectly via your Zigbee Green Power Proxy “GPP” capable devices (i.e. your main-powered Zigbee 3.0 router devices that are connected to the same Zigbee network). There are much more information about that (and reference links) in the feature request for it here → https://community.home-assistant.io/t/zha-integration-support-for-zgp-zigbee-green-power-devices-via-zigpy/277149/

Note that EnOcean PTM module based ZGP (Zigbee Green Power) devices are already supported by Zigbee2MQTT (Z2M) since developers added support for it in the zigbee-herdsman library that it depends on:

Zigbee2MQTT does however seem to currently have issues with ZGP Devices when using Silicon Labs EZSP based Zigbee Coordinator adapter, see:

I paired it with the coordinator (sonoff dongle)
Now I have a hue lamp, but does not seem to detect it,
I only allowed the Hue lamp to detect new devices, but no luck
There is a thing that worries me, about the lamp, and it is the clusters configuration of it, or bind tab, they indicate that there are 2 endpoints: 11 (which is, the number of my channel?) and 242( too big to be a channel ???) that in the clusters tabs is associated with the green power.