Monitor your cryptocurrency mining on Ethermine, Flexpool and 2miners!

Hello there!

After a fair few years of using HomeAssistant and generally not having a clue how any of this works, I finally had an idea that I thought was simple enough for me to tackle on my own. The end result was EthermineInfo! Turns out the same approach works for multiple pooled mining communities, so I adapted the component further to support Flexpool and 2miners as well.

Please feel free to contact me here or open an issue on Github if you encounter problems. I can’t promise I’ll fix them, but I will try! :slight_smile:

You can view the docs for each component here:

Credits

heyajohnny’s CryptoInfo from which this component was born.

W3Schools for being an invaluable learning resource.

Hey, I really like the idea of an ethermine info dashboard! I was waiting for somebody to make it (because I’m not able myself)
I installed it via HACS and made the sensor in my configuration.yaml but somehow the data does not seem to come in. Do you know what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Can you add the following to your logger, restart HA, collect the logs and open an issue on github please?

logger:
  logs:
    custom_components.ethermineinfo: debug

Edit: from my testing I only get “unknown” if I don’t use a valid miner address.

Use https://api.ethermine.org/miner/miner_address_here/dashboard - this should tell you if you have used the correct address. A correct address will return data, an incorrect address will return

{"status":"ERROR","error":"Invalid address"}

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to the HA community for bearing with me through my first project and for so quickly and helpfully testing, requesting and adding features.

Today I have released v1.0.0 as all the initial project goals have been met! I’m very happy to have reached this personal milestone and finally given something useful back to a community I’ve been part of for years.

Hello good evening, is it very difficult to adapt this project to see the metrics in flexpool?

Thank you very much for your work.

PD: I tried using scraper but had no positive results

Looks like it could be adapted with a little work. I don’t use Flexpool so I’d need a volunteer to help test.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer, you can count on my help.
Tell me what kind of information you need and I will gladly help you.

I’ll need a miner address to query and verify against stats displayed in Flexpool. Drop me a PM with the details and I’ll see what I can get done this weekend. I’ll make a start at the least.

What are the available currencies? Is it restricted to the currencies under Ethermine or can we use other ones?

Ethereum only, at least for the time being. What would you like to see added?

Well I used a currency exchange within Hassio for now, I needed in CAD.

- platform: template
    sensors:
      etherium_unpaid_value:
        entity_id: sensor.eth_unpaid, sensor.eth_exchange_rate
        value_template: "{{ ((states('sensor.eth_exchange_rate') | float  * states('sensor.eth_unpaid') | float) * states('sensor.canadian_currency') | float) | round(2) }}"
        unit_of_measurement: "CAD"

For FIAT currency anything that’s supported via Coingecko should work.

Take out the quotes around CAD, works fine for me:

- platform: ethermineinfo 
    miner_address: 'address_here'
    currency_name: cad

If you’re seeing something different, please post some logs so I can have a dig at this.

1 Like

Nice it worked, saved me a sensor :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trying to figure out why this isn’t working. The hash rate works, creates a sensor entity with a _2 that I can reference but the unpaid_in_local_currency doesn’t.

sensors:
    ethermineinfo_XXX:
      friendly_name: "Hash Rate"
      value_template: "{{ states.sensor.ethermineinfo_XXX.attributes['current_hashrate']/1000000 }}"

sensors:
    ethermineinfo_XXX:
      friendly_name: "Unpaid Balance"
      value_template: "{{ states.sensor.ethermineinfo_XXX.attributes['unpaid_in_local_currency']}}"

Working just fine here on my main and dev installs.

Is that exactly how you have things set out in your config?

Try this:

sensors:
    ethermineinfo_XXX:
      friendly_name: "Hash Rate"
      value_template: "{{ states.sensor.ethermineinfo_XXX.attributes['current_hashrate']/1000000 }}"
    ethermineinfo_ZZZ:
      friendly_name: "Unpaid Balance"
      value_template: "{{ states.sensor.ethermineinfo_XXX.attributes['unpaid_in_local_currency'] }}"

Any update regarding Flexpool stats? I am also interested in that and would kindly like to know if implementation was possible or not?

I have implemented a small set of features in FlexpoolInfo. I haven’t submitted it to the HACS repository because that was a lot of effort I dont want to repeat right now.

Still very much WIP, and I have no testers so slow progress.

1 Like

Thanks for your quick reply. This already looks very good, I just installed it and I get the most important stats I need. Thank you :slight_smile: When you need anyone for some more tests just let me know.

Bild_2021-10-20_235744

All I need is an address I can configure for testing. If you’re comfortable doing so, drop me a private message here with your Flexpool address and I can use the Flexpool dashboard for my own testing.