More than one ASUSWRT

I have 3 Asus routers in AP mode to cover all parts of the house. Is it possible to set up 3 ASUSWRT for device tracking? Otherwise I will only be “home” when I am in a certain part of my home. Thanks!

are you sure about that?

You may have three AP’s but all of them must connect to a main router that acts as a DHCP server. All of your devices will show up in that router’s client table even if they connect thru different AP’s. If you set up the asuswrt to that IP address then all your devices should show up.

That makes sense, but my router is not an Asus box. It is generic Linux. So I cannot use ASUSWRT with it. The 3 Asus APs all connect to the generic Linux router.

I am new to home assistant. I have been trying to figure out the best way to do presence. It seems like any method I investigate has a disclaimer that it does not always work. Is there a link the describes the best way to do it with Android phones?

What is the make and/or model number of the router?

As far as using android there is a custom component using Life360 (free) put together by @pnbruckner you can find here:

and here is the related thread:

I just started using it to extend my asus device tracker and it has been working pretty good.

1 Like