Motorized Shade Suggestions

@k8gg Sorry I wasn’t clear. It creates entities for each of the group/shades that you list + ‘all’. So in my case there are currently 4 entities.

As for the states, here is a screenshot of the attributes exposed.

Amazing response - demonstrates once again how smart HASS users are and how generous they are with time to help others. MwC-Trexx is correct that discovery is based on SSDP, and Ubiquiti connection was not smooth - Leviosa Shades is always looking for ways to improve!

Leviosa is an affordable option considering the fabric style (1) and smaller size limitations of shades under $200. Plus, you will not likely get any support, as you would from a company like Leviosa that patrols these forums to help users and contribute to the community.

1 Like

Thanks @Leviosa for the kind words. Daniel (at Leviosa) should have most of my feedback items from the emails we exchanged while I was trying to get the HA integration working.

Feel free to email or DM me if you want to talk more about areas for improvement.

Can the Leviosa solution be implemented without connection to the internet? I’m OK with the hub but I don’t like my devises requiring an internet connection.

1 Like

The Leviosa Zone requires internet access as it relies on AWS for command processing and features such as ‘state status’. It does not require LAN access - though commands will be processed faster.

Thanks Tony. A bit of a bummer but I’ll just throw it on my IOT LAN. I’m ordering a blind on Monday. Has the SSDP discovery on an Ubiquity network been resolved?

It’s great to see a company supporting open protocols and engaging with the community! I found Leviosa because of this thread. They are at the top of my list for replacing my blinds!

Asking if anyone has actually installed Leviosa motorized shades and if so did you use battery packs or plug in cord? Can you share some photos of the finished install? We are desperately trying to convince ourselves to consider ordering some for specific windows but their website gallery pictures are all but useless.

@Leviosa Also asking if the SSDP Ubiquiti issue has been fixed. I’m still running via the above posted SmartThings integration (Motorized Shade Suggestions - #14 by Markus99). Working, so not a huge deal, but definitely giving me pause to purchase more. Running a UDM Pro w/ two VLANs, HA on one and Leviosa hub on another.

@wpollock Here’s a few pics of the single set of blinds I have installed in our movie room:

Overall they’re pretty quiet, look nice and I liked the ability to be able to customize size / color to exactly fit my needs. We have 5 smaller windows in our master bedroom I’d like to outfit, but would likely require another hub (too far from existing one I’m thinking), so wtg for firmware updates / confirmation before moving forward. Hope this helps.

@markus99,
Thank you for sharing your install picture and opinion of the Leviosa shade you have installed. It looks like you
Installed using the battery pack versus the power cord for operation. Can you tell me how deep your window opening is and how far the valance protrudes into the room? One of our openings will be +/- 110 inches wide and Leviosa is one of only a few manufacturers that offer a single shade for an opening this wide. That and the option to use blackout fabric are appealing since it is a western facing window into our family/tv room.
However, not being able to have a quality picture showing how far into the room the valance will protrude gives us some hesitancy in ordering what will be a somewhat expensive shade with no refund option after purchase.

@wpollock My window is 3 3/4" deep. The valence protrudes from the wall about 3/4". Few pics, it’s dark since the wife’s watching TV in there now :upside_down_face:

1 Like

@marcus99,
Thanks again for sharing. If there are others who have installed Leviosa shades, hopefully they will consider sharing their experience.

Large shade from Leviosa (>8 feet) can operate with our higher voltage battery tubes - basically loaded with 10 or 12 ‘D’ size batteries. In fact, our standard tube now holds 10 batteries because of 50% longer battery life (again, higher voltage above motor cutoff). A better solution is to power your shades with the plug-in wall adapter (cord can be extended up to 30 ft), or hardwire your system (either 12VDC or 120VAC). Either choice will allow much lower profile valances - 3" and 4" - see options here.

The Ubiquiti SSDP relay issue only comes into play on the initial integration setup in HA.

Once you have discovered the device during integration install/config, it knows the device IP and you can turn off having to run the SSDP-relay container on the UDM-Pro.

I would say it is party a Ubiquiti issue for the SSDP issue between vlans and partly a Leviosa issue in that they don’t offer an option to manually configure the IP in the integration setup routine.

I have them as well. I also have western-facing windows but they are for our dining room so we didn’t go full blackout in terms of transparency. Overall pretty good quality for the price (especially compared to Sedona, etc.).

I am happy overall with them.\

So sounds like @Leviosa hasn’t fixed the issue. Hoping they will at some point…

I’m currently using SmartThings as a go-between to get the functionality in HA. I’m honestly not overly exited about SSH’ing into my UDM Pro (regardless 1st time or every time) and mucking about to ensure they’re recognized…

Leviosa just released a new HA update - see here.

Great to hear! I see the update(s) on your site here: Beta Testing for Home Assistant – Leviosa Motor Shades and also saw this GitHub project: https://github.com/altersis/aioleviosa, though didn’t see anything unfortunately in the release notes about these updates so appreciate you mentioning.

Will update and see how it goes.

I just installed the update this morning and it worked just fine. If you have already updated to 2022.3.0, you can just overwrite the existing custom component and restart HA core and you should be good.

There is no need to remove/re-add the integration.