Motorized window shades

Has anyone been able to link motorized shades to home assistant?
Will the simplicity NEO Hub connect to Home Assistant?

All my blinds at home are motorized. Bali branded (Motor made by Somfy) using ZWave protocol.
Rock solid for the last 7 years. Here are the ones for our main bedroom:

1 Like

I’m about to place an order for bali blinds. Thanks for sharing your experience. Looks like you can set the blinds to a granular position from home assistant. That’s exactly what i want. And no need for a separate cloud – all local control. Did you need to use the bali app when setting them up or can you just pair them directly to your home assistant hub via z-wave?

How’s battery life been for you on the bali blinds? Or did you hard wire them?

That’s Great News!

We are only able to use Simplicity or Bliss motors, as we need cellular shades with “top down” / “bottom up” control.

Any thoughts??

I never used the Bali app. Just direct ZWave pairing.
I originally started with batteries only but the most used shades were not friendly on the wallet.
The two eight-pack of lithium AAs last about a year with minor daily use. I ended up hard-wiring one of my windows in the main bedroom that is used several times a day.
For the door roller shades I got rid of the eight-packs and used this instead:
Amazon.com: TalentCell Rechargeable 6000mAh Lithium ion Battery Pack for LED Strip and CCTV Camera,12V DC Portable Li-ion Batteries with AC/DC 12.6V 1A Charger, Black : Electronics
Battery lasts FOREVER and it can be fully recharged in about 4 hours. I used strong velcro to hide it behind top of roller shade. Thinking about retrofitting a few more shades as well.

BTW, I purchased the Balis via Costco for a nice discount.

I’m trying to configure my Bali Z-wave plus remote using AEOTEC Z-stick, I’m not sure how to put the remote in inclusion mode, I tried checking the user guide, but they do not have clear instructions on putting the remote inclusion mode. Appreciate the help

I don’t believe you can pair that remote with a controller.
You need to pair the shades with the AEOTEC Z-stick, not the remote.

Yes you can pair the remote, but all it really gives you in battery life of the remote. you can find instructions at the link below starting on page 22 of the PDF or page 40 of the numbering at the bottom of the pages. It sometimes takes a few tries to get them to pair so if it fails the first few times just keep at it and it will eventually pair.

Here are the instructions on how to add the blinds and the remote to HA, then adding the blinds to the remote as well. I followed these instructions and everything works perfectly.

3 Likes

Does anyone know how to set the upper and lower limits of the Bali (somfy) shades without a remote? There is a z-wave command for this, but it isn’t part of the zwavejs configuration.

Thanks. Over a year later your post is still helping people.

Just got my Bali blinds into HA and was able to create my first automation so that they close when I turn on my projector TV

1 Like