Moved my Z-Stick, now no Z-wave device is available

I was afraid this would happen. I moved my Intel NUC that is running my Home Assistant, and in the process, I lost all Z-Wave devices.
The Z-stick is closer to one of the Z-Wave devices, but probably out of range from the device it used to connect to first. So, my Z-Wave network is messed up.

This had been working for many months before the move. (We’re remodeling the room where it had been located).

I am running Home Assistant Core 0.115.3 on an Intel NUC.
AEON Labs ZW090 Z-Stick Gen5 US connected to /dev/ttyACM0.

In States, all of my Z-Wave devices are “unavailable”. When I click on the “i” icon, I get:
“This entity is currently unavailable and is an orphan to a removed, changed or dysfunctional integration or device.”

In Configuration, I selected the Z-Stick and clicked on “Heal Node”, and got this error:
“Failed to call service zwave/heal_node. Service not found.”

Any tips of how best to fix this would be appreciated.

I’m pretty new to HA, but it sounds to me like the issue is with Home Assistant talking to your Z-Stick, not your Z-Stick talking to the rest of the devices.

Are you sure the device is still at /dev/ttyACM0? If I unplug my Z-Stick and plug it back in, it becomes /dev/ttyACM1 and I get similar issues until I fix the naming.

Thanks, but that’s not it.

ls -ltr /dev/tty*|tail -n 1
crw-rw---- 1 root  dialout 166,  0 Sep 25 22:22 /dev/ttyACM0

All I did was to shutdown the Nuc, move it to the new location in the house, then plug everything back in and restart.

I couldn’t find “Repair Network” anywhere. But, like you, it does seem to be a problem with seeing the stick. When I was moving things, I accidentally hit the pairing button on the stick, but I don’t see how that could have messed it up.

Solved

I did some more research and found a similar post (Problem adding z-wave usb stick [SOLVED]).

The suggestion was to rename .storage/core.config_entries to .storage/core.config_entries.old and restart Home Assistant.

Z-wave devices are working now.