Moved to HAss Z-Wave

Hey All,

I have just switched over from SmartThings to an Aeotec Z-Stick Gen 5.

So far, I have gotten just about every device moved over(been a fun time). I have a few Inovelli devices. A couple of the older ones are working great, but I’m missing functions/being able to configure a few of them.

The ones I’m having issues with are the LZW42(RGBW Bulb), LZW60(4 in 1 Sensor) and their LZW31(Red Series Dimmer).

I have seen a lot about modiying the manufacturer_specific.xml file. I finally found it(I copied directly from the 1.4 archive for OZW, added in the new Inovelli Devices)

I tried following this post, but with no luck…

Can someone show me what I am missing and why I can’t get configuration options for these Inovelli devices?

Let me know if there’s any other info needed!

Running 0.108.3
edit: Running in Docker on OMV5

Manufacturer Specific File:

<Manufacturer id="031E" name="Inovelli">
      <Product type="0002" id="0001" name="LZW30-SN Switch Red Series" config="inovelli/lzw30-sn.xml"/>
      <Product type="0004" id="0001" name="LZW30 Switch" config="inovelli/lzw30.xml"/>
      <Product type="0001" id="0001" name="LZW31-SN Dimmer Red Series" config="inovelli/lzw31-sn.xml"/>
      <Product type="0003" id="0001" name="LZW31 Dimmer" config="inovelli/lzw31.xml"/>
      <Product type="0005" id="0001" name="LZW42 Multi-Color Bulb" config="inovelli/lzw42.xml"/>
      <Product type="0006" id="0001" name="LZW41 Multi-White Bulb" config="inovelli/lzw41.xml"/>
      <Product type="0007" id="0001" name="LZW40 Dimmable  Bulb" config="inovelli/lzw40.xml"/>
      <Product type="000d" id="0001" name="LZW60 4-in-1 Sensor" config="inovelli/lzw60.xml"/>
    </Manufacturer>

Z-wave Config:

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM1
  config_path: /config/z-wave/config
  device_config: !include zwave_device_config.yaml

You have to do all those changes before including the devices. Did you do that?

I had, when I found your post I actually completely restarted…twice…

Now, I’m at the beginning again but cannot get my z-stick to include anything. It’s showing “cannot get exclusive lock for serial port” in the OZW logs. I cannot figure this out and don’t know what is going on anymore, super discouraging. (No, ModemManager is not running, it apparently was not installed on my machine.) Have you run into this/know how to lock out the z-stick to my HAss Docker?

Maybe once I get the above issue fixed it’ll all magically work…

sorry don’t have much experience in this. It’s always just worked for me.

No worries, I really appreciate your walk through though!
It was exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully I’ll get this up and running soon…

Usually this error comes from something already using the port. You may need to restart the host system to get it working properly again.

This, but it emerged as a consequence of the changes to the docker containers since 0.107.0. 0.108.5 is supposed to mitigate this for now, but you should not override the container CMD, otherwise you end up with 2 copies of HA running and 2 instances of OZW trying to use the serial port. Container management software like Portainer may set CMD without you necessarily knowing.

1 Like

Well, that may have been the reason. I do use Portainer, but hadn’t had an issue with this until I followed the directions for the z-wave integration where it specifically states “To enable access to the Z-Wave stick, add --device=/dev/ttyACM0 to the docker command that starts your container” I did that in Portainer and I’m assuming that caused my predicament…

I just read up a lot on people having dual instances without them knowing it was happening.
So, I deleted that container and restarted again, and wouldn’t you know it, everything is working. Including my original issues of not being able to configure my Inovelli stuff…woof

Thanks to everyone for the help!