MQTT Alarm Control Panel for Raspberry Pi and Android

@thanksmister I’m running 1.4.5 currently on my RPi3 with a touchscreen. I understand that OTA should be available from this version but even after powercycling my RPi3, I’m not getting an OTA update. Is there anything specific that needs to be done in order to get the OTA?

I have to check with Android Things Google group to see if there is an issue. I am publishing OTA updates for sure.

At this time there is no support for alarm_night. If you want to make a feature request on GitHub, I will consider adding night mode.

Been suggested. If you’d like to make a feature request visit the GitHub project page.

Sounds like some disconnect with the MQTT broker. Have you tested then commands using HASS to be sure disarm is working? Check your broker address and port as well.

Wouldn’t you use HASS customization or scripts to react to different alarm states or MQTT messages and communicate with Abode?

Maybe HASS update?

There already is a beep within the application that you should hear on Android devices. Check the settings to be sure the beeping sounds are checked and adjust your device sound level.

Thanks for the reply. I’m assuming so… being very new to ha I’m just unaware of how to have the mqtt messages sent from your app control the alarm states in abode. I was hoping someone might give me a script or automation that could accomplish this. :slight_smile:

@dweez . You wouldn’t use the application to send message to abode. You would let HASS handle the communication to both abode and the application by responding to state changes or MQTT messages. The MQTT manual alarm panel component can be used in an automation or subscription to send a message to Abode (I am guessing since I don’t use it) when the state of the alarm changes.

@warbringer I suggest updating to the latest version manually for now and then see if OTA works for the next release. I see that for v1.4.7.2 there are units receiving OTA updates.

Yeah, I get that mqtt messages wouldn’t be sent directly to abode. What I need (I think) is an ha automation to call an abode service when a mqtt message is received from your app. I just don’t know how.

If anyone has an example of a mqtt message triggering a service that would be great. I kind of put this one on the back burner, but I’m motivated again to figure it out. Back to the docs.

Search the community for automations or the examples online. You need an automation specific for Abode communication.

Well, I thought so too, and I’m pretty sure I had countdown sound when I first tried the app - but now I have tried two different devices and the beep sounds when I press the number buttons, but no beep during countdown.

Does it work for everyone but me? Or can I be broken since the upgrade where you added the option to turn off the beep?

Can I download a previous version from somewhere to try?

Every time HASS is restarted (whether rebooting the pi or HASS itself) the current alarm state is reset back to disarmed. Is there any way to get it to be persistent?

I have the opposite issue. Every time HASS is restarted the alarm is in away mode. I assume this is somehow cached in the MQTT broker. Good question for the HASS development team. It’s not related to the Android application.

Have you checked the application settings for the Alarm panel? There is a setting under notifications to toggle the sound.

I had this issue but then I talked to @gazoscalvertos who fixed this

Works like a charm. The alarm is restored at it’s previous state every time.

Yep, “System Sounds” and “System Notifications” are checked. Anything more to verify?
I’m running version 0.7.3. The countdown sound works for all you other guys?

Changing the alarm from HASS works and the app updates accordingly. However, when I change the alarm’s state from the app, nothing happens. I’m updating HASS and I’ll update this post when I get back from work if that works.