MQTT Alarm Control Panel for Raspberry Pi and Android

It won’t work because this alarm_panel component does not send an MQTT message when is goes into pending. To fix that, I set up an automation which sends an MQTT message when the alarm goes into the pending state.

I’ve tested the sounds in 0.7.3 and everything seems to be working. The countdown sound and the button beeps when entering the code both work. You only need System Sounds active for the beeping. I don’t know what else to suggest as I can not reproduce the issue on any of my devices. I tested on a Nexus 7 tablet and a Samsung S5 mobile device. I can hear the sound as normal. Maybe you can try to clear the application data by going to Settings -> Applications -> Alarm Panel and then clear the data. Of course this will wipe out the rest of your settings as well but will reset the app.

Thanks for the tip - tried to clear cache and data, and reconfigured, but no difference. The “number beeps” works fine, but the countdown is quiet. No beeps. Strange. But thanks for your effort!

I will check it again, I believe you.

I put this on a RPi3 with the 7" Touchscreen. I really, really like this. Its intuitive and looks very polished. I already had the HA Alarm stuff setup, so this was a breeze. My Raspberry Pi display I had laying around was a 1st gen one, so it doesn’t support dimming, but I am OK with that. Thanks for sharing.

Eric

I have must have an older generation 7" Touchscreen, it does dim the screen. I added the camera and will also be adding a PIR sensor so the screen wakes up if are in front of it. I am glad you liked it.

2 Likes

Is the code for the buzzer still in there? I haven’t tried anything yet, but I would prefer just a simple piezo for button feedback instead of an external speaker.

No it’s not because I couldn’t get enough sound from the pezzo.

Thanks for clarification. I can go with the speaker if I really need the “beeps”

Hi, I just set this up and it works great - BUT I have a nightly reset on my home assistant which restarts the system just to clear any bugs, and I noted that if I restart the system the alarm panel automatically changes back to disarmed.

This is obviously not ideal as I would like it to remember its previous state.

Is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks.

That’s a problem with HASS and persistent data. Someone else posted a solution earlier. Try this library for HASS https://github.com/gazoscalvertos/HASS-Persistence. There is more on the topic here State of alarm is reset after update/restart of HA.

Thank you for creating this great app! :slight_smile:
However I have two issues;

• as said earlier in this topic by someone else I dont have a countdown sound.

• When I send a notification to the correct subject via mqtt tts doesn’t work. I have the latest version of Android (Samsung S8+)

Best regards,
Michael

Can you please add what you are sending for the notification using mqtt? It should look something like this if you send it from HASS:

Services
The service dev tool allows you to call any available service in Home Assistant.

Service
mqtt.publish

Service Data (JSON, optional)
{"topic":"home/notification", "payload":"hello"}

I just ran the test you said, as you can see its received by the panel, but it’s nothing more than silence haha :slight_smile:

Do you have TTS installed and what version of Android are you running. Samsung devices always seem to have the majority of issues since Samsung insists on customizing everything.

Yes TTS is installed, the official Google version.
I’m currently running Android version 8.0.

Thanks for your help so far!

I am stumped as to the cause, I am running Android 8.0 on multiple devices (all Nexus devices not Samsun) and I don’t have any issue with sounds. I will have to test on an actual Samsung device, but I have to be able to reproduce the issue.

Haven’t changed anything but the TTS is working now! :slight_smile: the only thing that’s left is the countdown beeps.

I have an update coming that replaces the beeps with haptic feedback for buttons (or you use your systems own haptic feedback) and replaces the continuous beep when you see the disarm code dialog with the default system alarm sound. This takes the burden off of me to make those happen. There was also an issue with some Samsung devices and finger unlock (big surprise Samsung uses their own unlock code). So look for the next update. Also notifications may work the first time, but because the application does a wake lock when notifications are received, it was reinitializing the TTS engine but not in time to speak the notification. I have a fix for that as well.

2 Likes

I have the fingerprint unlock working on both my Pixel and my Samsung S5. I don’t know what the issue is now with v0.75. Probably need to adjust the code so that only older Samsung devices use the Samsung library for fingerprint unlock while newer devices seem to support Android fingerprint. What a bother. I might just not support older Samsung devices for that feature.