MQTT Alarm Control Panel for Raspberry Pi and Android

Just to clarify, there should be a “pending” state between your armed_away and triggered, this is missing in your logs photo and this means you wouldn’t see any dialto to disarm the alarm before being triggered and thereforeprobably hear one “beep” as the dialog is getting dismissed immediately, it exists only during a “pending” time state. You have your alarm going from armed_away directly to triggered which isn’t correct.

Thats not my image its boneheadfraggles I have a 30 second pending time in mine

Sorry, thanks!

There is a new version out, see if that update address the beeps v0.7.5.

Yep working perfectly now! Beeps and all! Thanks so much!

Just an aside, do you know if there is a way to clear the cache on the built in browser (swiping left in the app)? I can’t work out how.

Thanks

There are controls which you probably hid, so go into settings and show the navigation bar in the platform settings, then return to that screen and there will be a refresh button.

Yeah i did try that but it just seems to refresh the page rather than clear the cache/cookies

I tried the manual_mqtt platform instead of @gazoscalvertos Yet another…

Now the beeps on Armed */Delay Time countdown works perfectly.

Thanks a lot for all your support!

A suggestion for future development: Option to have countdown beep on Armed Away/Pending Time.
I.e. a beep to acknowledge the alarm is about to be armed. A “get out now” signal for the kids :slight_smile:

In that case you can go to Settings > Apps > Alarm Panel and clear the cache that way. You may have to wipe everything I am not sure. The only thing that gets cached should be the password.

Yes, my alarm panel works with the HASS Manual Alarm Panel with MQTT support. There is a visual display with a countdown timer for showing you the amount of time you have to escape your casa before the alarm is active. But yeah, there are so many customizations one could make, I have to settle on the minimal set to support. Can’t you just yell at the kids like I do :).

That did it cheers!

Yeah, I understand you can’t satisfy every user’s requests and it’s great as it is already :slight_smile:

Thanks again for all support and for pointing me in the right direction with the “There doesn’t seem to be a pending time between “armed_away” and “triggered”.” Sorry if I wasted your time on this, it was never your app or my phones - it seems like @gazoscalvertos Alarm works that way - without the “delay_time”. As soon as I tried the manual_mqtt, it worked right away so now there’s no need to be sleepless over that.

I want to thank you for the amazing work you have done on this panel. I want to know if this use case is possible at all

i have my own home alarm (DSC panel) that is hooked my an envisalink which gives me smart access to my wired devices, My alarm is in home assistant. I want to use your android app with my tablet as the main interface to my wired alarm through the envisalink. Is this at all possible?

The alarm panel works through MQTT (manual alarm component which has two-way communication). So you would seem to have to relay commands between your Envisalink control panel, HASS, and the manual mqtt control panel. I am not sure how your Envisalink component talks to HASS, the documentation says it can use the Manual Control Panel (https://www.home-assistant.io/components/alarm_control_panel.mqtt/). The alarm panel Android application uses the HASS Manual Alarm Control Panel with MQTT Support which just extends the Manual Alarm Control Panel (https://www.home-assistant.io/components/alarm_control_panel.manual/). It seems that if you are using the Manual Alarm Control Panel with Envisalink, then switching to the Manual Alarm Control Panel with MQTT should work with both Envisalink and the Android alarm control panel.

Thanks for the reply. So when I switch over to manual MQTT and try to send it the ARM_HOME command it does nothing, when I use just regular MQTT in my config script it works which kind of baffles me. When I use the manual mqtt in my config file it actually boots up a second HA Alarm which I can control from the android app but not my main alarm which is what I want to use. Does the android app care what the alarm panel is called? The second alarm that boots up is called HA Alarm. The one I want to use is called Home Alarm. Also when I switch back to just mqtt, the HA Alarm does nothing, Home Alarm works fine but doesn’t work with the app

Probably has to do with the subject and command naming. You do have to use the Manual Alarm with MQTT support for the Android application. The android app just subscribes to the topics from the MQTT service, those come from HASS. So whatever sends a command to the alarm to disarm, then the MQTT sends out that message to whatever is subscribed, in this case the Android app. If I look at the documentation for the Envisalink it says it can use either MQTT or Manual Alarm, you have to have some alarm control component set (https://www.home-assistant.io/components/alarm_control_panel/).

Does your Envisalink work with Manual Alarm? Because as I mentioned, the Manual Alarm with MQTT support is what we use for the Android app and its just an extension of the Manual Alarm control component in HASS. I think at the end of the day you can probably use the Manual Alarm with MQTT support but that your topics/commands are probably different.

The alarm name is arbitrary, but you should only be using one MQTT broker in your application. When you say “The second alarm that boots up is called HA Alarm”, it makes it seem as though you have just added an additional component for Manual Alarm with MQTT support rather than replace your existing MQTT component.

I think the question you should be asking is “Does Envisalink work with the Manual Alarm with MQTT support component?” If the answer to that questions is no, then you won’t be able to use both alarm control panels with HASS in a easy setup, you’d have to do probably two different MQTT setups and talk between them or something. Either way, I don’t think this is something I can help you figure out, its more a general question about Envisalink and Manual Alarm with MQTT support working together.

Thanks again and I’ll tinker around more with it tonight but your comment above, I’m actually replacing the mqtt component not adding a second one which is why I’m so confused.

Most likely its either the MQTT subject/topic being different or Envisalink doesn’t work with the Manual Alarm with MQTT support for some reason. Maybe ask a different support question regarding Envisalink and MQTT support.

Yeah I don’t think it’s the topic because if I remove manual_mqtt and add in mqtt the topics work fine. I’ll check with a different support group. Thanks again

Ok i finally got it to work. I had to write a separate script that activated the wired home alarm.

Ok my next question is can the app actually pass the code i input in as a variable?. I want to pass the code as a variable directly to the envisalink rather than save the code in my secrets.yaml file.

Thanks again.